Corporate Accounting Manager
Brasscraft Manufacturing Co.
The Corporate Accounting Manager will provide corporate accounting and payroll oversight while leading continuous improvement efforts to ensure efficient processes as well as maintain a strong financial control environment.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading the day-to-day payroll & corporate accounting functions (reviewing, issue resolution, internal/external customer support, managing the team, etc.)
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for defined areas of responsibility
- Ensure company financial records are maintained in compliance with corporate policy and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Maintain a strong internal control environment, identifying and implementing control enhancements as necessary
- Prepare internal financial statements and supporting analysis for assigned areas of responsibility for use by the senior management team
- Perform governmental, tax and corporate reporting requirements
- Perform account fluctuations and trend analysis, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial statements
- Provide financial support for the ERP implementation
- Provide project management leadership for key initiatives and improvements
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, developing and executing project implementation plans
- Respond to internal and external customers and vendors, providing excellent customer service
- Prepare monthly forecasting and annual budgeting information for assigned areas of responsibility
As a leader of people, we expect great things. The manager will be responsible for leading, coaching, and developing professional employees who exercise latitude and independence in work.
At this level: leaders achieve results through others through teamwork and collaboration; success is measured through the performance – results and behaviors and success of direct reports and performance as a team, as a leader you display visible integrity and set a higher standard for performance expectations.
CORE LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accountable for the performance and results of a team within own subject area or function.
• Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
• Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager.
• Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
• Policy and strategy (0-2 year outlook) implementation for short-term results.
• Setting goals and objectives for team members with achievement of operations results.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required or equivalent work experience in accounting
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance
- Knowledge of GAAP principles
- JDE & HFM experience preferred
- Kronos and Workday experience preferred
- Experience developing and implementing project plans including resource planning, project scoping and generation of project status reports for management
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with internal and external business customers
- Experience in financial support of manufacturing operations strongly desired
- Ability to think analytically, creatively, and independently with excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and driven for results with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and continually striving for improvement
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office applications, advanced level MS Excel user
Company: BrassCraft ManufacturingFull timeHiring Range: $81,500.00 - $128,040.00Actual compensation may vary based on various factors including experience, education, geographic location, and/or skills.
Brasscraft (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Brasscraft is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish