Corporate Attorney (On-site: Eden Prairie or New Ulm)
Eden Prairie, MN
If you are interested in becoming an Employee Owner, read on...
What you will be responsible for:
Reporting to the CEO, the primary duties of this role will include providing legal counsel, advice, and guidance, develop and implement legal policies and procedures, and represent the company in legal proceedings. The Corporate Attorney will support, implement, and eventually lead or direct the work of others on legal and corporate initiatives. The Corporate Attorney must have a broad understanding of the law, as well as excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
What you need...
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to CEO, Board, and other members of staff on a variety of legal topics that relate to the products, services, and markets.
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal documents including a wide variety of commercial contracts such as product and services agreements, NDAs, long term agreements, government contracts, consulting agreements, purchasing agreements and letters of intent
• Design, develop and leverage forms, templates, playbooks, and processes for reviewing and drafting standard and non-standard contracts, negotiate third party contracts, and track legal matters and trend.
• Facilitate conversations with subject matter experts and other cross-functional departments in areas such as risk management, finance, credit, and tax as part of contract negotiations.
• Research and analyze legal resources (statutes, ordinances, articles) and summarize findings.
• Communicate effectively with executives, attorneys, and other employees and propose improvements and solutions on various concerns, issues, and projects.
• Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff
• Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business. Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company.
• Communicating with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors.
• Designing and delivering legal training, such as ITAR, to the business.
• Staying up to date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect your business and specific industry.
• Be able to handle multiple matters simultaneously, and other duties, projects, and assignments.
• Provide support on special projects as appropriate.
• Juris doctor and be licensed to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction.
• The candidate must have Bar admission.
• Sound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law. 6+ years of demonstrated work experience providing legal advice on commercial contracts, whether in private practice or for a corporation
• Experience drafting, negotiating, and providing legal advice on contracts between business and clients within the Aerospace and Defense industry is preferred.
What you will get...
• Full benefits package
• Paid time off
• 401k match and ESOP contributions
• Flexible work environment
• Education reimbursement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision ability by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Because employees in this position must handle information covered by the International Trade and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), successful applicants will be required to verify their identity and their status as a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, or person granted refugee or asylee status in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Windings is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Windings will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to Windings job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Windings Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Windings Talent Acquisition team.ID:uDnQdo