L & M Radiator, Inc.
This position is an onsite, full-time salaried position and is scheduled Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, with a one-hour unpaid lunch.
Job Summary: Responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process. Supervising accounts payable, monthly reporting for the CFO and/or owners, preparation of a reforecast (at least quarterly), annual preparation of a budget, assist in the preparation of quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and all treasury administration. The Corporate Controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate the preparation of annual budget.
- Preparation of work papers supporting the annual tax return.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm.
- Implement a process to record transactions by department and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers.
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity.
- Preparation of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained (including production analysis, sales analysis, and gross margin analysis).
- Preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Preparation of the year-to-date cash flow.
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances.
- Preparation of monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in maintaining records for retirement accounts (i.e., 401-K Plan, Pension plan).
- Supervision of all accounts payable processed in corporate office. This includes corporate payables, allocations of costs incurred on behalf of multiple entities.
- Coordinate the verification of all fixed assets annually. Manage the maintenance of the fixed asset register. Ensure assets are ready for outside audit firm.
- Maintain and implement corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management and calculation of fees.
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Proper analytical review of operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective.
- Prepare and review annual 1099 filings Remove “prepare and” with the expectation that someone else will prepare.
- Prepare monthly/annual plant comparisons and explain variances to management via performance letters.
- Maintain monthly/quarterly USA Main/Worldwide comparisons.
- Review (& adjust, if necessary) recurring and/or allocation entries.
- Prepare reconciliations for balance sheet accounts.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follows all safety guidelines/procedures.
- Perform related work as required by supervisor.
- Domestic and international travel required that could involve weekend travel depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Exceptional computer skills in the operation and functioning of all programs used by the organization, (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, (ERP System), and Smart Client
- Mathematical ability.
- Ability to communicate, in English, by both written and verbal means with the ability to proofread work.
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure, and clean financial history.
- Confidential, understands the ethical standards of a CPA.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Accountable for specific performance.
- Ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same.
- Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize, and articulate complex legal and financial information.
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements.
- Detailed, organized and communicative.
- Understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others in the organization.
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks.
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting.
- Able to prioritize and work with multiple supervisors including the CFO and owners.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical, drug, and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 3+ years of experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- Strong experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred, but not required.
- CPA certified.
- Experience with Epicor or similar ERP system.
- Knowledge of accounting software or similar accounting software program.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.