Corporate Safety Manager
Greenfield Products, LLC
Hazel Crest, IL
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT THE LANCO GROUP OF COMPANIES BECAUSE...
We're a longstanding, stable company with a sustained growth trajectory that manufactures and distributes some of the coolest industrial equipment worldwide.
Our growth translates into professional growth opportunities for you. The multi-company environment contributes to diverse and challenging experiences.
We provide and promote a great team environment that encourages creative solutions to positively impact the organization.
We believe it's our employees that make us great and stand out against our competitors.
We provide great pay, benefits, and growth opportunities.
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
Is both energetic and passionate about safety and wants to help create a culture of continuous improvement!
The Corporate Safety Manager will maintain environmental, occupational health, and safety programs to promote a safe working environment, and ensure compliance with applicable safety regulations and standards. This position will work closely with plant managers and local safety committees supporting manufacturing and service facilities around the U.S. and globally. The position will give the candidate experience in multi-site management, EHS management, system building and more.
Essential Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Plan and implement EHS policies & programs. Leads development of annual EHS plans, including identifying potential programs to enhance employee safety.
- Develops practices and procedures for the company, as well as provides feedback from stakeholders on ideas to improve overall effectiveness.
- Ensure that potential EHS aspects (chemical, guarding, LOTO, fall, confined space, ergonomic, noise, etc.) are reviewed for all new processes, materials, and equipment before use.
- Participate in incident investigations to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future. Ensure timely accident/incident investigations and reporting.
- Coordinate company’s confined space, lockout, respiratory, hearing, and industrial hygiene programs.
- Maintain company’s emergency action plans.
- Maintain HAZCOM requirements and keep SDS data current.
- Develop (and possibly administer) safety training for employees (including manufacturing, service, sales personnel, office, new employee, temporary labor, etc.).
- Develop and manage company internal audit program schedule. Conduct safety hazard and safety culture assessments.
- Respond to deviations and unexpected events, including emergency response and incident investigations.
- Submits environmental and safety reports to regulatory agencies.
- Maintain and manage a master list of environmental, health and safety corrective actions generated from the company’s EHS processes. Ensures follow up actions are completed in a timely manner for required activities.
- Supports organizational projects from an EHS perspective and completes assigned tasks in timely manner.
- Promotes organizational culture to be one that embraces and fosters individual commitment to EHS.
- Coach employees and management teams on the development and maintenance of a strong safety culture. Build behavioral safety capability by driving field engagement and observation reporting programs.
- Drives continuous improvement in performance and risk reduction via active field engagement, including working with sites to develop specific performance improvement plans and ensure new requirements are systemically embedded in our processes and procedures.
- Develops and implements a learning culture through lessons learned from near miss reporting, safety observations, incident investigations and other learning forums.
- Utilizing the trending and analysis of leading health and safety indicators, identifies and reports on EHS metrics and anticipates future performance based on trends, with appropriate recommendations.
- Develop cost effective approaches to achieve compliance regarding EHS issues.
- Facilitates and supports meetings as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree in Safety, Environmental Health, or related field with 5+ years of experience in safety, manufacturing, production, and management. Experience with risk-based safety programs and delivery of health and safety performance plans.
Desired: OSHA 30 General Industry and/or Graduate Safety Practitioner and/or Certified Safety Professional Certification.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations and industry standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with production and manufacturing teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to identify potential hazards and develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve safety goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead through influence and build comprehensive stakeholder networks.
- Hands-on experience engaging field personnel to address hazards and risks.
- Demonstrated experience in performance analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Mixed Office-Based/Field-Based.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Lanco is an equal opportunity employer. All employment-related decisions, including but not limited to hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline (including termination), evaluation, training and development opportunities, etc., are made without discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender-related identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, military status, protected disability, citizenship, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable law.ID:uDnQdo