COS Business Unit Manager
Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing
The Business Unit Manager is the primary Carlisle Operating System (COS) resource for continuous improvement efforts within the assigned CWT Business. The successful candidate will interface and partner with key stakeholders to help them leverage COS to drive strategy and business goals, while improving processes with Lean Thinking. In this role you will lead and coach others to drive strategic and organizational initiatives to support continuous improvement efforts. Ensure that the COS framework is deployed at plant locations through directing and influencing operational excellence through team of Product Line Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior business unit leaders, plant leadership teams and local COS to create a culture of accountability, communication, employee engagement, problem solving and cost-effective decision making.
- Lead Kaizen events for Business Unit leadership teams that focus on strategy, vision, policy deployment, and sales planning.
- Supporting and deploying COS framework and initiatives in the business unit such as Policy Deployment, Business Process Improvements, Planning and Review (P&R), Idea System, 5S, Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Provide training, leadership, subject matter expertise and delivery of continuous improvement practices within the COS framework to the businesses supported.
- Interface effectively with all levels of employees within the business unit supported.
- Participation in and assisting with COS steering committees
- Coaching and mentoring business unit leaders and employees in COS principles, tools, methods and behaviors
- Manage multiple projects and continuous improvement efforts within assigned businesses.
- Provide guidance and coaching to plant COS/EHS resources and COS champions.
- Provide direct management, coaching and development to Product Line COS Manager(s)
- Establish measurable standards for each facilitated project and monitor results with regularly meetings and reports.
Essential Duties (% of time/month):
- Coordinate the overall business unit COS journey to establish a culture of continuous improvement, employee engagement and the delivery of business unit financial and operations goals. Analyze current state, using tools such as gap analysis, to identify and correct opportunities relative to continuous improvement. Partner with leadership to align COS with business needs. Identify and communicate best practices throughout the organization (30%).
- Lead and/or participate in business unit Kaizen events while coaching/training CCM employees (35%).
- Work with manufacturing locations and office teams to increase the value realized from initiatives such as MDI, 5S, Idea System, TPM and the COS Framework. (35%)