The AZEK Company Location: Scranton PA
We’re recruiting for a Cost Accountant for our manufacturing plant in Scranton, PA with a hybrid work schedule.
The AZEK Company is an industry leading manufacturer of engineered low-maintenance residential and commercial building products headquartered in Chicago, IL.
The Cost Accountant, under the direction of the site Controller, is responsible for maintenance of the standard costing system, providing analytics and reporting around manufacturing performance, and leading best practices in the area of inventory control and spend management.
- Creates and posts journal entries, ensuring that business transactions are recorded accurately and in accordance with policies
- Selects, supervises, develops, evaluates and motivates personnel in the Manufacturing Accounting area
- Prepares cost reporting for manufacturing production ensuring accurate material, labor and overhead reporting
- Assist in the development of standard costs each year
- Manages inventory control through cycle counts and subledger reviews
- Assists in preparing and analyzing monthly financial statements (i.e. balance sheet, income statement, departmental statements)
- Assist in analyzing manufacturing variances include both material and labor variances
- Assist in preparing and analyzing weekly financial report used by management to manage the business and financial performance
- Performs reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and verifies accuracy of statement
- Manages all aspects of assigned subledgers, implements necessary changes or improvements and responsible for ongoing monitoring and status reviews
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports timely and accurately
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by supervision/management
- Bachelor's degree or work equivalent, field of study: Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar position/role. CMA, CPA or MBA preferred
- Strong technical and financial analysis and modeling skills
- Strong technical system competence with JD Edwards, Microsoft Excel, Essbase
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles including GAAP
- Demonstrates professional written, verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively
- Must be self-directed and motivated and able to multi-task in fast-paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment; Work schedule flexibility, with or without notice, to accommodate needs of the business.
Compensation for roles at AZEK varies depending on a wide range of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. The annual salary for this role is $66,500 to $81,500. In addition to base salary, we offer generous bonus and incentive opportunities that significantly increase earning potential.