Applied Research Assocs., Inc.
The Capital Area Division (CAD) of Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc. is seeking a Cost Analyst. The successful candidate will perform robust quantitative analysis and grow their functional expertise developing data-driven cost estimates in support of DHS and DHS Components. The right candidate will lead data collections to support the development of dynamic, complex cost models. This person will analyze and evaluate raw data through regression and other statistical methods to identify cost drivers. Teleworking is possible!
- Lead data collection to support the development of dynamic, complex cost models.
- Analyze and evaluate raw data through regression and other statistical methods to identify cost drivers.
- Interpret the quantitative impact of changes to econometric factors, socio-political data, and shifts in US policy.
- Apply a variety of data science techniques to draw insights from large datasets.
- Bachelor's degree in in Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience
- Must Be a US Citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability
- Exposure to cost analysis methodologies and cost estimating software packages like ACEIT, TruePlanning, and Crystal Ball--either in an academic setting or as part of a cost analysis project team
- Familiarity with data normalization, data visualization, and modeling and simulation.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or Economics with 1-4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in performing cost risk analysis through Monte Carlo simulations
- Experience with modeling and simulation in Python and/or R
- Experience developing business analytics and visualizations using Tableau, PowerBI, or Qlik
- Experience with cost estimating software packages like ACEIT, TruePlanning, and Crystal Ball
- Affiliation and certification through the International Cost Estimating and Analysis Association (ICEAA) or similar professional society
- Experience working with DHS, its Components, or similar organizations and coordinating across multiple levels of organizations, including senior leadership
- Active security clearance and active DHS Suitability
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1200 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership generates greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Cost Analyst position.