Cost Engineer (Tunnel)
Lane Christensen Co.
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with Contract and Project Management Plan requirements.
- Develop job essential data including quantity take-offs, quantity tracking and reporting, labor costs per man-hour, and equipment utilization to ensure accurate execution and estimates.
- Research historical data and productivity in order to compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Manage job cost reporting cycle, including production quantity reporting and analysis; tracking of material, equipment, subcontractor, and field overhead costs; and preparation of forecast documentation package.
- Assist with potential change orders, including identification and cost or schedule analysis within scope of responsibility, issue tracking, documentation, pricing, and development of owner request documents.
- Assist with field coordination processes, including weekly schedule coordination, monthly schedule updates, and progress reporting, as required.
- Maintain job cost and budget data (e.g. invoice and payroll coding, miscode journal entries, budget redistributions, approved change order budget entry) to supply cost control metrics for the work activities and historical data for Project Final Report.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, cost reports, trend analysis, material requirement calculations.
- Interface with project team to resolve problems, ensure quality information, in order to support overall project schedule and budget goals.
- Assist in representing company, during project meetings to ensure effective communication.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field preferred; or, equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
Minimum 5 years of construction, cost management, or similar experience. Tunnel experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- A working knowledge of Cost Engineering and/or Scheduling principles and practices.
- Strong database operations and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI, etc.).
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specification, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment.
- Strong consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of project management.
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
Our Benefits at a Glance:
Building tomorrow starts with you, and Granite knows that you can excel only if we support you in and out of the workplace. That is why we offer a broad benefits package that includes paid holidays, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, as well as special programs for musculoskeletal health, mental wellness, and more.
Salaried employees may choose from two PPO medical plans through Anthem BlueCross, including our most popular plan, for which 100% of the premium is paid by Granite for eligible employees and dependents. Employees can also opt into a Health Savings Account (HSA) or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
As part of our investment in your future outside of the workplace, Granite provides a 100% match on the first 6% of eligible compensation that salaried employees defer into their 401(k) plans, which vests immediately.
Benefits may vary for positions located outside of the continental United States.
Base Salary Range:$76,129.00 - $114,193.00
Pay may vary based upon relevant experience, skills, location, and education among other factors.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.