Credit & Collections Supervisor
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Ocean Spray is hiring for Credit & Collections Supervisor on our Finance team in Lakeville, MA! We're an iconic brand and a farmer-owned cooperative. Being part of Ocean Spray means making an impact in support of our family-farmers, while also building experience you cannot get anywhere else. If you're looking for a meaningful opportunity, this role may be for you!
Position location: We're all about flexibility! This will be a hybrid role based out of our corporate headquarters in Lakeville, MA with Mondays & Fridays remote.
A Day in the Life of a Credit & Collections Supervisor:
- Maintain and ensure adherence to the corporate credit and collections policies in order to support revenue growth while reducing the risk of bad debt.
- Perform credit analysis.
- Responsible for the overview of all collection and follow-up activity including invalid and unsaleable deductions.
- Work directly with Sales/Broker teams to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Establish a process to deal with higher risk customers.
- Prepare and distribute periodic reporting to sales and management teams.
- Drive credit and collection process improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop and assist in training personnel, including outsourced personnel.
- Assist with the month end close process as needed.
- Control, manage, and monitor the financial impact of trade receivables ensuring targets are met.
- Identify and implement opportunities for the prevention of invalid deductions, unearned cash discounts, and unsaleables and implement solutions to resolve these issues.
What You'll Need:
- Experience working in an environment that involves multiple concurrent projects and is continuously evolving and improving.
- Comprehensive knowledge of best-in-class processes and internal control design for end-to-end OTC cycle, specifically around collections and credit assessment
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems; problems may cross disciplines; takes a new perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel) and accounting software (specifically SAP)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; influences and persuades others internally and externally, including senior leaders.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on day one
- Performance Bonus
- 401K with up to 10% in matching contributions
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions – Back up care, tutoring, etc.
- Transgender benefits
- Fertility benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid holidays and vacation days
- Up to $300 Fitness Reimbursement
- Up to $300 Massage Reimbursement
- Health Resources including Free Lyra membership, 1:1 Health Coaching and more.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
Who We Are:
You might have our iconic cranberry juice in your fridge or have gotten into heated holiday debate about what’s better - canned or fresh cranberry sauce. But did you know that the hardworking people growing the superfruit in our products are 700 family farmers that own our cooperative? They entrust us with what is most precious to them to create new and innovative products that will delight consumers and grow this beloved brand today and into the future.
Team members, farmers, consumers and communities alike--we value what makes us unique and strive to connect our farms to families for a better life by living our values:
- Grower Mindset – We embrace our grower-owners innovative spirit and heritage through confidence, learning and focus on the future.
- Sustainable Results – Guided by purpose, we are focused on delivering results for our grower-owners.
- Integrity Above All – We are ethical, doing the right thing for our grower-owners, customers, consumers and each other
- Inclusive Teamwork – We build diverse and inclusive teams that strengthen our cooperative.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.