Culinary Extern (Onsite)
Green Bay, WI
Job Family:Student Intern
As a Culinary Extern, you will be part of our Culinary team involved with internal Culinary Center activities at our Home Office in Green Bay, WI. In this role, you will support our Customer Experience business group, by utilizing your skills in creativity and product knowledge to create solutions for our customers in menu and product offering.
This role will be full-time starting and will be over the course of 15 weeks. Relocation benefits are provided to eligible candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a basic understanding of the Research and Development Chef role.
- Develop innovative food product ideas with corporate chefs.
- Maintain and assist with customer accounts including collaborating with sales teams, ideation, concept development, presentation assistance, designing food, preparing samples to review.
- Collaborate with Quality & Innovation, Product Category Managers, R&D and Consumer Insights partners on product development, trendspotting and strategies.
- Provide solutions for customers on product based on customers’ needs, systems, operations and processes in relation to food preparation.
- Observe product cuttings/evaluations with PLS/Sourcing partners.
- Tour and learn about plant production facilities.
What you need to succeed:
- 1-2 years in a culinary program or restaurant background experience.
- Passion for food and creating innovative ideas with food and products.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week over the course of 15 weeks.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with partners in various departments.
- Must have a reliable internet connection (minimum 10 mb download speed) at home for remote and hybrid positions.
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver's license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Want to be alerted of new openings? Sign in and click the cloud in the upper-right corner to view your profile. From there you can setup Job Alerts.