Custom Outside Sales Representative – Northern California
Western Window Systems
Western Window Systems is seeking a talented and ambitious Custom Sales Representative to increase coverage and collaborate with our Established Dealer base. The Sales Representative will work with dealers, builders, and architects, thereby increasing Western’s exposure as we continue to develop and enhance our brand. While the primary focus will be on custom residential new construction, the Sales Representative must also have the capacity to assume responsibilities within the commercial market as well. The Sales Representative will be expected to bring innovative ideas to the table in order to augment profitability and expand Western’s footprint while working in alignment with our core values at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Seek and qualify new builder prospects and engage accordingly to present Western’s “excellence” proposition. Maintain relationships with existing builders.
- Seek and qualify new dealer prospects and engage accordingly to present Western’s “partnership” proposition. Maintain relationships with existing dealers.
- Seek and qualify new architect prospects and engage accordingly to present Western’s “innovation” proposition. Maintain relationships with existing architects and firms.
- Analyze market trends and develop action plans to capitalize on shifts in this market.
- Promote new products as directed to the specific market segment builders/dealers/architects that are applicable.
- Utilize Salesforce on a regular basis to maximize efficiency and productivity, as well as to facilitate communication with Sales Director.
- Provide accurate monthly forecasts as required by the Director.
- Business acumen
- Strong attention to detail
- Communication proficiency (oral and written)
- Presentation skills (public speaking)
- Superior and self-directed work ethic
- Customer/Client focus
- Follow-through on commitments
- Team-oriented mentality
- Strategic thinking
- Technological capacity
- Highly energetic and motivated
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Home offices need to be in a quiet area of the home with dedicated phone and internet resources available to perform in one’s role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds of office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday from 7:00am. to 4:00pm. Additional hours during the evening and weekend may be required as job duties demand.
This job requires 50-75% travel, which will include local, out-of-state, and possibly international travel. Employees will be reimbursed at the IRS-approved rate of 54.5 cents per mile upon submitting a monthly expense report.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Construction Management or Business Management would be a plus)
- 3+ years’ experience with building materials outside sales, prospecting/lead-generating, and account management
- Ability to read architectural drawings/blueprints would be a plus
- Experience working with builders, dealers, and architects in a sales-based capacity
- Must be highly computer-literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (as well as the ability to learn additional programs as needs dictate)
- General knowledge of CRM systems (particularly Salesforce) would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex tasks, oversee a large territory, and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Aptitude to learn the company’s channels, influencers, go-to market strategies, and products
- Proven ability to build and maintain new client relationships on a long-term basis
- Must possess market credibility and be customer-focused, compassionate, dynamic, business-savvy, and ethical
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.