Customer Development Technician-1
Oak Creek, WI
As the Development Technician provides a wide variety of routine, nonroutine, complex to very complex technical activities in support of professional engineering and scientific activities. As an experienced lab technician, you will begin to work independently or in collaboration with chemists and professional engineers or project leaders to plan, construct, test and document assignments involving the use of learned skills in a particular field of engineering or science. Experienced lab technicians are expected to operate independently, plan and execute all aspects of an experiment following a discussion with the supervisor. You will be active in problem solving and be able to efficiently. You will report to the Technical Manager of S & T Product Development.
• Follow all PPG EH&S and safety guidelines.
• Preparation and application of liquid coating products and testing of these coatings against a wide range of specifications and customer requirements.
• Independently plan and organize tasks following a discussion of goals and procedures with the supervisor.
• Observe unusual results and suggest possible root causes.
• Make smooth transitions between projects or situations.
• Build on past experiences to improve efficiency.
• Seek additional assignments.
• Make/contribute to internal presentations.
• Learn, understands, supports, and conforms to company policies and processes, along with Adherence to company policy.
• 4-6 years lab experience OR 2-4 years of lab experience plus 2 years college training in math/science or applicable Associate’s Degree
• A High School diploma or GED is required.
• Strong math skills and high school chemistry is preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret complex customer specifications.
• Computer skills including Word and Excel are required.
• Previous work in a coating’s laboratory environment preferred.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected].ID:uDnQdo