Customer Service Manager
Stauffer Manufacturing Co.
Family-owned and operated for five generations, Stauffer Glove & Safety is a leader in the distribution of Safety and PPE products.
Stauffer Glove & Safety is looking for an experienced Customer Service Manager to join our team in Red Hill, Pennsylvania. This individual must be able to work effectively in a team environment and have exceptional problem-solving, communication, and professional relationship-building skills.
What we Offer
With over 115 years of experience, Stauffer Glove & Safety offers employees the stability of an industry leader.
- 401K + 401K matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work schedule
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service department. Provide oversight and leadership to the individual team members. Partner with Sales, Inside Support, Purchasing and Accounting to ensure customer service activities and initiatives are performed to meet our customer needs. In addition to those daily activities, this position is responsible in assisting with escalated customer issues, RMAs, credits, overrides and backorders.
- Manage and oversee Customer Service Department daily operations including individual workload assignments, coordinating staffing coverages and providing escalated customer support.
- Manage all customer service processes, including all system application processes and reports within the company’s business system tool (GUI).
- Drive customer service team performance. Meet expected servicing levels and order entry goals and accuracies.
- Oversee backordered shipments, partner with Customer Service Lead to ensure the customer service representative is tracking the status of the orders and communicating with the sales team and the customer.
- Oversee the customer service training program. Training includes but is not limited to servicing the customer, order entry, RMAs, billings, credits and rebills, and general product knowledge.
- Partner with Sales and/or internal teams to resolve escalated customer issues. Identify and resolve any service or process gaps.
- Utilize system reports to conduct monthly account analysis to capture lost business and provide communication to customer service representatives on customer loss per sales territory.
- Responsible for all electronic order overrides and resolving any related issues.
- Partner with other departments to create better workflows and processes within the Customer Service department.
- Provide clear and professional communications to staff and all levels of management, communicate professionally with customers from time to time. Frequent communication with VP of Customer Development on personnel and operational opportunities.
- Partner with Leadership and Human Resources to manage all team personnel duties, including hiring, performance management and coaching, progressive disciplining, and termination. Promote a safe and respectful work environment.
- Conduct staff meetings to promote team engagement, communication, and process improvement opportunities to ensure team goals are met.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to by self and staff.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and supervise all business activities of staff.
- Manage and supervise all staff personnel/human resource activities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment as well as within a distribution center environment. Use of office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinet.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum High School degree or GED equivalent combined with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service or facing role.
- Experience of successfully performing order entry and customer support responsibilities.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer service lead role.
- Demonstrated ability managing a high-volume profit center.
- Computer proficiency and possess relevant IT skills in MS Office applications and working knowledge and proficiency in businesses application systems.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or combined associate degree with five of more years’ experience in customer service.
- Preferred 2 years’ experience in a lead customer service position preferred.
Stauffer Glove and Safety is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.