Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representatives receive and respond to calls from residential and commercial customers, serving as the first point of contact for customers to resolves customer issues. This role works with a team of customer service representatives to meet overall call center objectives and enhance the customer service function to exceed our customers’ expectations. The hours and level of responsibility may vary by location or line of business.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Receive and respond professionally and courteously to all customer inquiries regarding service level changes, customer disputes, billing questions, cancellations, and new customer sign-up.
- Resolve customer account issues and adjust accounts, as necessary, with verification from management.
- Provide standard information regarding service options, charges, billing, and contract parameters.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer issues.
- Answer phones promptly and courteously utilizing company procedures.
- Process online data entry for residential and/or commercial accounts.
- Log and record information onto customer account in computer.
- Discover reason for attempts to cancel services and attempt to retain customers.
- Ensure customer concerns are understood and clearly explain resolution to the customer.
- Process payments as necessary.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere with a culture of respect for others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional demeanor and telephone etiquette
- Ability to handle a heavy call volume in a professional and efficient manner
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask
- Proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications; AS400, and Lotus Notes applications experience, a plus. Good typing skills, with the ability to type at least 50 words per minute with a 95% accuracy rate.
- Excellent customer service and data entry skills.
- General knowledge of office functions.
- Work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team, to meet or exceed call center standard.
- Ability to identify issues, make decisions, and resolve problems.
- Ability to react well under pressure and treat others with respect.
- Ability to commit to a regular work schedule with excellent attendance, defined schedules where timed lunches and breaks are predefined.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of call center or customer service experience preferred
- Bilingual skills are desirable, but not required
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment.
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motions performed answering phone and working on computer.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke’s policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.ID:uDnQdo