Customer Service Representative
Colonial Materials, Inc.
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of customer service representative is to provide exceptional customer service to all customer and employees. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Training on product knowledge of building materials for the drywall industry will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure over the phone, face to face and or written communications with customers representing the company’s culture, values and practices.
- Greet customers warmly and determine problems, orders or other reason for calling.
- Ability to ascertain when to pass on a customer’s questions to appropriate sales staff for additional product and sales information.
- Take orders at the sales counter and or over the phone.
- Ability to use company computer systems for order entry.
- Complete sales orders and tender cash sales.
- Develop product knowledge to assist customers with purchases.
- Ensure showroom is clean and properly stocked.
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to self -manage, show initiative and be comfortable meeting the public
- Be a team player, demonstrate attention to detail and have good organizational skills.
- Bilingual a plus
- Exceptional computer skills
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
- Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in office environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze financial information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Estimated Compensation Range: $18.00 - 21.00/hr ** This pay range is a reasonable estimate made in good faith of the possible compensation at the time of the posting of this position. However, the Company may ultimately pay more or less than this range.ID:uDnQdo