Customer Service Scale Clerk (Floater)
Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
Martin Marietta is seeking a Scale Clerk for the North Side of Indianapolis locations. The person hired into this position will be responsible for weighing and ticketing customer trucks, assisting with general office work.
- Issue weight and product tickets at the scale house
- Schedule and direct trucks
- Work cooperatively with sales department and dispatch
- Understand customers’ needs and requirements
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Daily inventory records in Excel
- Cash sales – document, verify & accurately fill out checks for customers
- Research problem tickets and properly document findings
- Convey any known customer needs and/or complaints with the appropriate people
- Assist office managers and plant managers as required
- Attention to Detail
- Safety Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- High Sense of Urgency
- Relationship Building
This job operates 80-90% of the time in an office environment and 10-20% of the time outdoors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
- High School degree
- Customer service experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Previous scale operator experience preferred
- Previous accounts payable or receivable experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Bi-Lingual is a plus
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.ID:uDnQdo