Customer Service Specialist
Certified Power Solutions
Skarda Equipment Co, Inc is an Omaha based distributor of pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion control components servicing Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. Since 1969, Skarda Equipment has been serving the Midwest with components, systems and solutions for industrial automation. Our current employees average over 7 years with the company. We offer a very stable business environment.
We are currently seeking to fill a Customer Service position who will be a frontline representative of Skarda Equipment to our established customers so there will be no cold calling or telemarketing. This position will be full-time from our midtown Omaha location.
The primary responsibility for a Customer Service Specialist is to provide timely and professional service to Skarda customers through effective communication and excellent organization and time management skills.
8:00 AM - 5:00PM Monday thru Friday - No nights, weekends or holidays.
- Answer all customer inquiries quickly and accurately including quote requests, product specifications, order status, shipping & receiving dates, expediting and return & repair requests.
- Generate quotes and customer orders and update customer records, utilizing our distribution software, Prophet 21
- Interact with vendors to source products and confirm availability and pricing
- Technically assist customers in determining replacement parts, as well as researching products and prices to best fit application and project timelines
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and factory representatives while exhibiting cooperative and professional behavior
- Participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Exceptional Customer Service – Willingness to “think outside the box” to find the best solutions
- Strong communication and organizational skills - pays close attention to accuracy and details
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – (once trained) able to provide analysis and recommendation to customers.
- Listening and phone skills
- Computer proficiency, particularly data entry, internet browsers, and Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Outlook).
- Multitasking: Works well in a dynamic environment and able to prioritize needs of various customers.
- Technical Aptitude: Industry and sales experience preferred, knowledge of pneumatic or hydraulic components helpful but not required. Willingness to learn a must.
- Ability to work well under pressure and a desire to learn something new every day.
- Previous Customer Service and Sales experience is desired, but a positive attitude and a career-oriented mindset will go a long way.
Benefits· 401(k) retirement plan and match· Health, Dental & Vision insurance· Paid time off· Tuition reimbursement· Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account Options· Life insurance· Pet insurance· Referral program