Customer Service Supervisor
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to the industrial and energy markets. Covia’s rich legacy includes many achievements across industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time, is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive impact on the world around us through our commitment to the locations where we live and work.
COVIA IS COMMITTED TO EMBRACING AND PROMOTING DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (D&I) WHERE WE WORK, WITH WHOM WE DO BUSINESS, AND WHERE WE LIVE. We strive to create an inclusive culture where diversity is valued and respected and where all feel included and engaged. We are intentional in our efforts to bring Team Members together and create opportunities to contribute their unique skills, experiences and perspectives in the pursuit of Covia’s business growth objectives. Enabling all Team Members to perform at their best while being themselves is fundamental to the Clearly Covia Values and Culture.
Covia, located in Serena, IL, has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Supervisor. The Customer Service Representative will take on a central role with supervising customer service as well as leading the functions for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and month/year end reporting.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Monitors workload for customer service team and adjusts as needed
- Trains customer service team for ongoing cross-training
- Performs performance reviews for customer service team
- Assists with customer service duties as needed
- Assists with phone calls, labels, email requests, etc.
- Runs reports to assist Sales Representatives as requested
- Sets up new customers and new vendors in Navision
- Completes credit reference requests from customers when requested
- Matches invoices to receivers and verifies accuracy of invoices
- Reviews Accounts Payable list and processes weekly ACH’s and semi-monthly check run
- Sends remittance details for ACH’s and matches purchase invoices to remittance details before filing
- Reviews monthly P-Card statement – uploads receipts
- Posts journal entries for all purchase invoices and purchase orders paid by P-Card
- Posts customer payments from Daily Bank Report
- Monitors Accounts Receivable list and follows up with customers as needed
- Processes sales credit memos for customer sales invoices as needed
- Processes month end reports including Sales Reports, Tons Report and Trial Balance
- Performs weekly reviews of Inventory Periods, Account Schedules, Prepaid Purchase Orders
- Creates Inventory Count sheets at year end and posts final numbers after inventory is completed
- Closes Fiscal Year in Navision
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of office experience and/or accounting experience
- 1-2 years of supervisor experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, etc. preferred; High school diploma or equivalent required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Highly organized, efficient and self-directing in a multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Navision software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and relationship-building skills are vital
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer