Cyber Eng Prin
North Charleston, SC
Job DescriptionBAE Systems is seeking a Cyber Events Team Lead to support the Department of Defense (DoD)
National Cyber Range Complex (NCRC). This facility supports the Test Resource Management Center’s (TRMC) mission to provide realistic cybersecurity environments for test and evaluation of major DoD acquisition programs and to enable the conduct of realistic training and certification events for the DoD Cyber Mission Force. The NCRC facility may also support non‐DoD customers such as Department of Homeland Security (DHS), industry, academia and international partners.
The Events Team Assessor will supervise and manage all aspects of one or several Event teams to perform all essential tasks to support the cyber weapons systems vulnerability test operations. Primary responsibilities include:
- Team supervision and direction.
- Event design, execution, coordination, scheduling, resourcing, de‐confliction; test development, design under the direction and guidance of the Events Designer and Operations Director.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies; assesses, designs, and conceptualizes test and assessment scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools and other state‐of-the‐art technologies related to test and assessment requirements.
- Designs, implements, and conducts test and assessment procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products.
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports recommending enterprise and site improvements.
- Serves as subject matter specialist providing weapons system vulnerability testing know‐how for the support of user requirements of varying from Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 3 through TRL 9.
- This positions supports the program and all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- 6+ Years with BS; 4+ Years with MS; 2+ Years with PhD
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, cybersecurity, systems engineering or equivalent.
- Candidates with Armed Forces, college courses or Associate Degree, extensive certification, and additional experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- High degree of organization and communications skills
- Demonstrated experience leading small, specialized teams
- Demonstrated experience leading complex systems test events
- DoD 8570.01M/ IAT‐I certification within 6 months of assignment to position (A+ CE, CCNASecurity,
CND, Network+ CE, SSCP)
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & SecurityBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Active Top Secret/SCI Eligible clearance
- Master’s Degree in a STEM subject, particularly systems engineering, network engineering, or cybersecurity
- Expert experience leading small, specialized teams
- Expert experience leading complex systems test events
- Demonstrated experience operating in a cyber range environment
- Active, Reserve, or National Guard military experience
- IAT level II (CAP, GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or Associate)) OR IAT level III (CISA, GSE, SCNA, GCIH, CISSP (or Associate)) or IAM Level III (GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or Associate))
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience