Cyber Network Forensic Analyst IV
N Glebe Road Arlington, VA
Country:United States of America
Location:VA149: 1110 N Glebe Road Arlington 1110 North Glebe Road Suite 630, Arlington, VA, 22201 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
The DHS’s Hunt and Incident Response Team (HIRT) secures the nation’s infrastructure. HIRT provides DHS’s front-line response for cyber incidents and proactive hunting for malicious cyber activity. Raytheon (RTX) provides support for on and offsite incident response to Government agencies and critical infrastructure owners who experience cyber-attacks. RTX provides HIRT advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation, using host and network-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities. Personnel perform investigations to characterize the level of severity of breaches and develop mitigation/remediation plans. Raytheon is seeking Network Forensics Cybersecurity Analysts to support this critical customer mission.
- Assists the Government lead in coordinating teams in preliminary incident response investigations
- Assists the Government lead with interfacing with the customer while on site
- Determines appropriate courses of actions in response to identified and analyses anomalous network activity
- Assesses network topology and device configurations identifying critical security concerns and providing security best practice recommendations
- Assists with the writing and publishing of Computer Network Defense guidance and reports on incident findings to appropriate constituencies
- Collects network intrusion artifacts (e.g., PCAP, domains, URI’s, certificates, etc.) and uses discovered data to enable mitigation of potential Computer Network Defense incidents
- Analyzes identified malicious network activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information
- Collects network device integrity data and analyze for signs of tampering or compromise
- Assists with real-time CND incident handling (i.e., forensic collections, intrusion correlation and tracking, threat analysis, and advising on system remediation) tasks to support onsite engagements
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience in network investigations
- In depth knowledge of CND policies, procedures and regulations
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- In depth knowledge of standard protocols – ICMP, HTTP/S, DNS, SSH, SMTP, SMB, NFS, etc.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Wifi networking
- In depth knowledge and experience of network topologies - DMZ’s, WAN’s, etc.
- Substantial knowledge of Splunk (or other SIEM’s)
- Understanding of MITRE Adversary Tactics, Techniques and Common Knowledge (ATT&CK)
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and general attack stages with respect to network security architecture
- Ability to characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
- Ability to identify and analyze anomalies in network traffic using metadata
- Experience with reconstructing a malicious attack or activity based on network traffic
- Experience examining network topologies to understand data flows through the network
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Substantial knowledge of network device integrity concepts and methodologies
- Proficiency with network analysis software (e.g. Wireshark)
- Proficiency with carving and extracting information from PCAP data
- Proficiency with non-traditional network traffic (e.g. Command and Control)
- Proficiency with preserving evidence integrity according to standard operating procedures or national standards
- Proficiency with designing cyber security systems and environments in a Linux and/or Windows environment
- Proficiency with virtualized environments
BS Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, or related degree; or HS Diploma & 10+ years of network investigations experience.
- DoD 8140.01 IAT Level II, IASAE II, CSSP Analyst
- DoD 8140.01 GCIA, GCIH, CSSP Analyst/CSSP Incident Responder
- DoD 8140.01 CEH, CSSP Analyst
- SANS GIAC GNFA preferred
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo