D365 F&O Architect – SCM – Sales & Distribution
Steeger USA, LLC
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The D365 F&O Architect – Supply Chain - Sales & Distribution is the IT domain leader for the Sales & Distribution aspects of our Microsoft D365 / Finance & Operations global program.
The primary responsibility of this role is the evaluation of our business requirements and the development of solutions and services to meet those needs. A fundamental part of this role is to govern the design of standard processes and systems associated with our Sales & Distribution domain, ensuring that Barry-Wehmiller applies industry standard best practices in the delivery of secure, robust, effective, and scalable solutions.
The Architect’s role is highly collaborative, leading the systems design for their domain, working closely with Solutions Analysts and the other domain Architects to develop and implement the future business systems at BW. The role is a fundamental part of the company’s new ERP Center of Excellence (CoE) group.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Lead the IT Sales & Distribution domain.
- Analyze, research, plan, and design for the environment within the Sales & Distribution domain ensuring that business needs are met, coordinating within the broader group of Solutions Architects to ensure an integrated, coherent approach to the whole systems design.
- Lead the “blueprint” phase for the Sales & Distribution domain and support ongoing rollouts.
- Govern the design standards for the domain ensuring that we reuse standard systems setup and processes, evaluate requests for modification working closely with Solutions Analysts, business leaders to approve, modify or reject changes.
- Collaborate closely with our external partners to ensure that we optimize the technical landscape and that we are fully aware of external changes and developments that we need to work with to secure an ongoing robust landscape.
- Ensure that design processes are established, followed, that the design is appropriately documented, and that test plans are developed.
- Assist users in testing and adoption of process improvements, working closely with Business Partners and Solutions Analysts.
- Assist with corrective actions when D365 system related issues reach “Tier 3” status.
- Assemble appropriate documentation to support process change. Where needed originate training aids or standard operating procedures.
- Provide project support where required for new implementations/rollouts.
- Support for continuous process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or related field.
Knowledge and Experience
- Must have 5+ years direct experience leading the architecture, configuration, and development for the Sales & Distribution domain of Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP solution in a multi-national company. It is preferred that the person fulfilling this role has strong experience in the following areas:
- New equipment, Aftermarket, and Service Parts sales.
- Experience in both the Engineer and Configure to order sales processes.
- Project Management.
- Logistics planning – Factory Acceptance Testing, teardown, and installations.
- Customer invoicing, in particular management of a progress billing cycle.
- Must have direct experience of the full ERP implementation cycle, from initial needs analysis, through rollout and stabilization.
- Must have direct experience of leveraging and integrating enterprise level systems, inclusive of ERP, Business Intelligence, and Consolidation Systems.
- Experience in systems governance for the domain and the ability to work with others to establish the development process and controls.
- Experience of leveraging SAAS based systems to deliver value.
- Ability to research and select appropriate technologies and partners, working with commercial, legal, and technical teams.
- Excellent ability to collaborate and engage with IT leadership, business customers and external third parties.
- Strong commercial acumen to support the assessment of options and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Must be able to work across all IT technical platforms to coordinate joint resolution of business problems.
- Experience influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and developing others.
- Certified Microsoft Dynamics 365 professionals are preferred, however not mandatory.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Power BI.
No direct employees initially, but indirect responsibility for coordination of the Domain development with the Architects group and Business Leadership.
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting working at a desk or table on a level surface.
This is a regular, full-time position with the understanding that a regular workweek will require extended days and hours as needed to meet business needs.
This is a regular, full-time position with frequent overtime. Must be able, available, and willing to work more than 40 hours per week, including scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Moderate domestic (vendors, user, and customer site visits) and occasional international travel required as part of this role.
The role requires the use of constant use computers and standard office equipment. Mental and visual attention is necessary to perform various duties.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. This job description is subject to change at any time.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BW Corporate US ID:uDnQdo