Data Center Operating Engineer
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you’ve got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you’re looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Data Center Operating Engineer
This position requires onsite work.
What this job involves –
Jones Lang LaSalle is currently seeking an Operating Engineer as part of the Facility Maintenance & Operations Team. The Operating Engineer’s technical responsibilities include the operations & maintenance and repair of building systems and equipment. Duties include all aspects of routine and emergency plant operations.
- Inspects and analyzes equipment and diagnoses trouble or malfunctions and makes necessary adjustments to minimize service interruptions and equipment downtime
- Provides input to the planning of equipment system maintenance to minimize service interruptions and equipment downtime through reliability centered maintenance practices
- Executing a wide variety of maintenance and repair work in relation to the installation, maintenance, and repairs of boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, and building equipment and infrastructure in general.
- May oversee the execution of daily operations and maintenance activities performed by JLL and/or contract personnel. Provide guidance and mentoring, as needed, to ensure personnel perform the tasks required in a complete and accurate manner and delivered with outstanding customer service.
- Performs a wide variety of complex operating procedures to ensure the proper operation of the high pressure steam boilers, lab utilities, emergency generator operation, the propane vaporizer and others.
- Conducts scheduled tours of the boiler plant, chiller plant and lab utility equipment to include cooling towers, emergency generator rooms; main switchgear rooms, air handling machine rooms as well as steam stations and condensate return systems.
- Completes tours and watches according to predetermined schedules and reports status.
- During after hour’s shifts, responds to all emergencies and takes appropriate action to identify problems and take corrective actions without compromising watch duties. Calls on duty mechanics for assistance and or utilizes emergency call list when necessary.
- Will maintain all engineering/electrical spaces in a clean and neat manner at all times.
- Review executed work orders, logs, forms, and related documentation on a daily basis to help ensure they are complete, current, and reflect the tasks as performed, and are appropriated filed in the CMMS, or other required system.
- Ensure all safety, environmental, and site standards are strictly adhered to within the facility by both JLL and any JLL vendors performing work. Ensures compliance with OSHA regulations, all applicable building codes and JLL policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work variable shifts in a 24/7 environment, including off hours, weekends, and emergency conditions.
Sound like you? To apply you need to have: –
- The minimum level of education for this position will be completion of high school.
- Should have a working knowledge of building automation, system controls and fire alarm systems.
- Proficient computer skills and experience working with Direct Digital Control and critical operation related to MEP infrastructure is desirable.
- Must have general knowledge of industry maintenance and repair practices
- Ability to work independently and plan work without direct supervision.
Physical Work Abilities & Requirements
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Walking large, campus-like settings.
- Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops to access equipment.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
Certifications & Licenses
Valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean driving record
Location:On-site –Hartland, WI
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet all the requirements. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
401(k) plan with matching company contributions
Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
About JLL –
For over 200 years, JLL (NYSE: JLL), a leading global commercial real estate and investment management company, has helped clients buy, build, occupy, manage and invest in a variety of commercial, industrial, hotel, residential and retail properties. A Fortune 500® company with annual revenue of $20.9 billion and operations in over 80 countries around the world, our more than 103,000 employees bring the power of a global platform combined with local expertise. Driven by our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world, we help our clients, people and communities SEE A BRIGHTER WAY. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.ID:uDnQdo