Data / Composition Engineer
Banc Statements, Inc.
The Data / Composition Engineer applies their specialized technical knowledge to build and maintain large data-heavy processing applications designed to meet the specific needs of HC3's clients. This role serves as a subject matter expert who ensures data is processed according to customer requirements and quickly resolves any issues that are identified. The knowledge and expertise provided by this role are critical to building and maintaining client trust in our products and services.
The responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Build and support programs that translate various customer data formats for automated composition workflows.
- Build and maintain document composition workflows and templates.
- Evaluate, reverse engineer, and work with quality assurance to test workflows.
- Identify potential points of failure, maintaining high standards of data security and integrity.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to problem solve and streamline HC3’s processing system.
- Collaborate with the Project Management team to successfully onboard new clients or implement projects for existing clients.
- Collaborate with the Account Management team to resolve client incidents and implement requested modifications.
- Understand and adhere to documented processes and standards for data automation systems and quality testing.
Competencies and Qualities
Qualified candidates must have the following competencies and qualities:
- Able to handle client issues and/or complaints with diplomacy
- Able to work well with clients of varying technological abilities to resolve issues
- Strong technological troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Curious and interested in learning new technologies and languages
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with coworkers to work toward common goals
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years experience in a professional development environment
- Experience with strongly typed languages such as C# or Java
- Some experience with relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of common Git source control workflows
- Experience in print and mailing industry
- Familiar with object-oriented patterns, TDD, and other modern software engineering principles
- Experience with common data formats such as XML, fixed-width data, and financial statements
- Experience with data conversions
- Experience with IText Sharp library
- Experience with reporting tools such as Quadient Inspire Designer, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), or similar large data composition tool
- Experience with client-side web development
- Familiarity and/or experience with color management/color theory
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
In most cases, work will be performed in a climate-controlled office space. If approved for remote work, employees may work from a home office that is appropriate for focused work without distractions; all remote work must comply with the Remote and Telework Policy.
This role requires no travel.
This role will require using a computer for long periods of time while either sitting or standing.
Position Type and Expected Hours
This is a full-time position for five, eight-hour days (at least 40 hours) per week. Typical workdays begin at 8:00 AM and end at 5:00 PM local time, Monday through Friday, and include a one-hour lunch break, circumstances may require night and weekend work in order to remain available for area(s) of oversight.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.