Hearst Communications, Inc.
Homecare Homebase, a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation is a market leader in healthcare software development providing mobile cloud-based solutions for clinical, operational, and financial improvement of homecare and hospice agencies throughout the United States. Our software enables real time solutions for wireless information exchange and communication between office staff, field staff, and physicians.
Our success is fueled by our talented technology teams that are driven by their passion to make a difference in patient care. Our employees work in a culture that is guided by values of caring, action, respect, excellence, and smile (a positive attitude). If you want to work in a role where your skills have a direct influence on patient care, Homecare Homebase is the next step in your career. We are hiring technologists that want to make a difference.Database Administrator
As a Database Administrator at HCHB you will work as part of our Database Operations team to support a complex data tier based on Microsoft SQL Server. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for building, designing, and supporting complex and mission-critical data solutions with some experience in translating large-scale environments into the Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities for a Database Administrator may vary, but should include:
- Be capable of working independently with minimal oversight and making good risk-based decisions when interacting with critical infrastructure.
- Serve as a go-to resource for questions related to database systems.
- Identify database performance and capacity requirements by analyzing current workloads and utilizing best practices.
- Serve in an advisory capacity for database high availability and disaster recovery design.
- Support team initiatives by developing tools and identifying opportunities for process automation; assist in evaluation and selection of standard tools.
- Support and build automated environment installation and setup processes.
- Interact positively with customers to support processes critical to business operations.
- Monitor and troubleshoot database instances; perform root-cause analysis; identify opportunities for improved system performance, assist development teams with implementation.
- Work closely with System Administration team to support infrastructure enhancements and maintenance.
- Participate in production support on-call rotation to triage and resolve critical issues outside of business hours.
- Contribute to other team efforts as needed to support day-to-day database operations.
- Expert knowledge of common database administration tasks such as backup & restore, recovery models, integrity checks, and replication methods.
- Experience automating SQL Server administration tasks and workflows at scale.
- Modern SQL Server High Availability & Disaster Recovery features.
- Familiarity with modern SQL Server data protection and security features.
- Exposure to some of the most prominent Azure database technologies such as Azure SQL Managed Instance.
- Fundamental knowledge of performant T-SQL code is required, strong expertise in this area is a bonus.
- Experience with common tools utilized in our environment such as SentryOne, Splunk, Litespeed SQL Backup, Git, ServiceNow, and JAMS Enterprise Job Scheduler is a plus.
- Strong desire to maintain a high level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
- 5+ years of experience in an Information Technology environment with at least 3 years in an operational role directly supporting MS SQL Server.
- Prior experience working with large (2tb+) transactional databases.
- Prior experience working at scale across a large environment with hundreds to thousands of databases in-scope.
- Experience translating environments into Azure Managed Instance and other Azure technologies will be given a strong preference.
HCHB requires all applicants to be US citizens or have a green card allowing them to work in the US without being subject to export control restrictions.ID:uDnQdo