Lead and direct all aspects of the Distribution Center to maximize performance and assure customer satisfaction.
- Provide the leadership and a coordination point for all management for the respective facility location, whether reporting directly to the Distribution Center Manager or not.
- Direct staff: select, hire, train, coach, develop and assure performance. Administer discipline and assure moral.
- Develop and ensure adherence to operating and capital budgets for the Distribution Center.
- Promote, develop, and maintain a work environment that promotes employee inclusion, recognition and effective communication.
- Maintain effective, positive employee relations in the facility, in order to enable the company to attract, retain, and motivate highly qualified employees.
- Maintain a union free work environment.
- Develop new operating policies and procedures in the distribution process to foster and ensure continued process improvement.
- Interpret company strategy and translate those thoughts into the tactical plans and actions necessary for the Distribution Center to appropriately execute and support those strategies.
- Assign projects within the scope of responsibility.
- Hire, train, appraise and coach management-level team members.
- Develop facilitys operating strategies, to manage future growth, improve quality and reduce operating cost
- Provide and promote a safe work environment.
- Ensure compliance of all company policies, including but not limited to, all Federal, State and local OSHA regulations.
- Direct major facility changes upon approval from corporate office.
- Maintain an effective system of communicating relevant information to and from the corporate office.
- Direct and develop the local professional management/leadership team.
- Set, implement, and maintain local-based standards and measurement tools and processes.
- Implement new technologies and systems as required.
- Ensure high-demand, wholesale customers expectations are met or exceeded consistently by Distribution Center
- Participate in various cross-functional and/or cross-facility process improvement initiatives.
- Serve as a member of the Distribution staff participating in developing company wide policy, procedure and practices and providing assistance as needed.
Some specific major activities noted above may not pertain to your specific area of responsibility (dependent on location).
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee.
- Strong knowledge of distribution, and Distribution Center management required typically acquired through extensive experience and formal training at the bachelors degree level.
- Excellent comprehension, communication, and analytical skills necessary
- Knowledge of warehouse and material handling equipment essential
- Strong skills in planning, budgeting, organizing, controlling and communicating
- Familiarity with and/or exposure to various distribution-related technology and automation, including but not limited to, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Radio-Frequency (RF), and other computer-based systems technology
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and basic E-Mail packages/utilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Solid and mature business acumen
- Experience maintaining a cooperative, union-free work environment
- Superior team-building strengths in a participative environment
- Strong customer service orientation and philosophy
Previous positions that are necessary background experience to qualify for this position.
- 10+ years experience in the management of a fast-paced Distribution Center operating environment.
- 5 years management experience including experience maintaining a cooperative, union-free work environment.
- 3+ years Profit and Loss (P&L) accountability/responsibility
alphabroder| Prime is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review EEO is the Law EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. alphabroder|Prime participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. E-Verify Participation Poster (English and Spanish) Right to Work Poster .