Responsible for planning, organizing, and monitoring the processing of products through Inbound. Ensures product is processed in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements. Motivates and leads associates towards success and teamwork. Ensures safety, quality and productivity standards are met. Collaborate with other Operation Leadership to maximize workflow and meet facility goals.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes daily/weekly department production plan to ensure department goals are met in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Monitors workflow including scheduling deliveries and assigning associates to tasks.
- Plans and monitors optimal space utilization.
- Verifies shipments, including mail shipments, into the warehouse.
- Enters and updates daily shipments into warehouse software.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed including forklift inspections.
- Accurately maintains all Driver Logs.
- Physically assist in loading and/or unloading trucks as needed.
- Maintains inventory supply levels and records ensuring quality control and accuracy of:
- Item description and counts for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Distribution of supplies to Value Added Services (VAS) and other departments.
- Available boxes for box makers.
- Crushing of boxes and bins and other corrugation.
- Completion and submission of weekly inventory of all shipping boxes.
- Sets and measures performance objectives including productivity, quality, safety, and inventory accuracy.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, customer and company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a safe and clean area.
- Monitors associates’ performance in relation to safety, attitude, quality, productivity and attendance. Provides continuous feedback to drive successful performance. Handles disciplinary action in accordance with RAA and regulatory requirements. Conducts formal performance evaluations as required.
- Maintain and updates department training manuals and ensure associates are trained appropriately.
- Looks for ways to improve efficiency and throughput in the department. Develops, recommends, and implements process and procedure improvements.
- Works with other distribution departments to meet facility goals.
- Attends and participates in daily scheduled and impromptu meetings to coordinate warehouse operations, address priorities and staffing as well as reviewing any facility issues and events.
- Communicates progress and delays via e-mail and Microsoft Teams.
- Works closely with Customer Service to coordinate receiving priorities.
- Coordinates with Quality Control to ensure appropriate inspections are conducted on shipments.
- Works closely with Reserve Storage Supervisor to coordinate efficient stocking of rush shipments.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent in experience required.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of two years warehouse/distribution supervisory experience in a production driven environment. Receiving and/or shipping experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of material handling operations, methods, and practices.
- Basic computer skills required (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Experience using warehouse inventory software required.
- Must be able to complete and maintain forklift certification (written and driving evaluations).
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- An ability to achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and associate relations.
- Team-oriented, excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.