Rocky Mount, NC
Engine Systems, Inc (ESI) is recognized as a leader in providing diesel engines, generators, replacement parts and service for critical standby diesel generators. ESI specializes in nuclear and commercial power generation applications, which include customer installations throughout the world, and is focused on providing prompt customer service and support on a 24/7 basis. ESI has a longstanding commitment to quality and maintains a nuclear quality assurance program in accordance with the requirements of ASME NQA-1, 10CFR50 Appendix B and 10CFR Part 21. ESI is located in Rocky Mount, NC and has operated as a subsidiary of Kirby Engine Systems, Inc since 1996.
Review customer purchase orders for technical requirements.
- Specify technical requirements on purchase requisitions for parts ordered.
- Develop component functional test procedures. Typical components include relays, pump/motor assemblies, contactors, pressure switches, temperature switches, pressure regulating valves and pressure relief valves.
- Write component dedication reports. These provide inspection and test requirements for the part. Determine critical dimensions, component material specifications and operability requirements that must be verified.
- Write component seismic shake test procedures.
- Review inspection and test results for completeness and for conformance to specified acceptance criteria.
- Interface with suppliers to obtain technical information for components. Work closely with our QA, Purchasing, and Customer Service Departments.
- Perform activities within department budget and schedule requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop relationships with coworkers to better understand the processes and culture that affect safety.
- Influence safety by evaluating safety performance, participating in safety meetings, targeting areas needing improvement and developing initiatives to impact the areas.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of Safe Work Policy.