Delivery Driver-CDL / Boom Operator
Georgia Masonry Supply
Ham Lake, MN
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products, and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Why should you come work at Tamarack Materials?!
- STARTING PAY $26-31/HOUR!
- EARN $250 quarterly SAFETY BONUS!
- Home every night
- Overtime pay after 8 hrs worked daily
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Annual safety boot reimbursement allowance
- Advancement opportunities at locations throughout the USA
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Access to our discount marketplace!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Tamarack Materials, Inc. Delivery Drivers are responsible for driving commercial trucks on behalf of the Company to deliver building materials to residential and commercial job sites. Work as a team to carry and load/unload heavy materials providing a world class customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive commercial motor vehicles on public roads and highways (including federal interstates and state roads), private property, and potentially to out of state job sites
- Compliance of company, state and federal guidelines particularly as it relates to OSHA and DOT for the safety of all personnel
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Perform pre-trip inspection of truck and trailer, equipment, paperwork, and loaded product to ensure accuracy of order before leaving the yard
- Map and setup the route to the job site before leaving the yard
- Confirm delivery location and any special instructions with the customer upon arrival to the jobsite
- Safely unload and deliver materials while prioritizing personal safety and the safety of those around you
- Immediately report all accidents and customer property damage to the Dispatcher and/or Yard Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license required
- Three-year motor vehicle history report must meet Company requirements
- Overall knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
- Boom or crane experience preferred
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with coworkers and customers
- Ability to read and accurately follow instructions from customers
- Ability to judge distance while delivering materials and/or operating boom
- Stamina to continuously lift, carry, and move at least 100 lbs. in order to carry materials
- Must be able to remain in stationary position while driving commercial vehicle 20% of the shift
- Constantly, moving and unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, operates commercial motor vehicle and/or boom vehicle
- Constantly, positions self to unload and load materials from flatbed or boom
- Constantly, working in an outside environment in all weather conditions while making deliveries
- Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customer’s delivery window of time
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERID:uDnQdo