Delivery Driver – Denver, CO
Empire Distributors, Inc.
Quarterly Bonus Potential up to $500
Schedule: Monday- Friday
Perks: Bonus potential of up to $500 per quarter. up to $2000 per year!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Delivers products to our customers according to developed scheduled and routes.
· Distributes products at customer locations and ensures paperwork is complete and accurate.
· Collects funds if applicable from the customer. Verifies that product and inventories match, and addresses customer issues and concerns.
· Ensures that pre/post-trip inspection sheets are completed on each vehicle used.
· Notifies the DC Operations Manager of discrepancies.
· Checks load conditions and maintains load using approved load-locks and tools in order to reduce product breakage and vehicle damage.
· Maintains security of load by ensuring bay of truck is locked at all times Delivery Driver Associate is away from vehicle.
· Operates vehicle in accordance with all State and Federal regulations in a safe manner with respect to weather and road conditions.
· Ensures the assigned vehicle is clean at the end of each shift.
· Handles, delivers, and works with all products that may be ordered by our customers.
· Delivers products according to invoices and customer requirements, ensuring that deliveries are made timely.
· Uses electronic devices provided by the Company to accurately and consistently record start and stop times, assuring hours of service are recorded and remain in compliance with DOT Regulations.
· Collects payments based on terms established by the Company and Colorado state laws, making sure each invoice delivered is signed by the customer.
· Communicates shortages, overages, and/or return items to the Distribution Center as necessary.
· Resolves issues when possible with customers, and/or communicates those issues to the Company for proper resolution.
· Ensures that all paperwork is in order, following specified procedures when returning to Distribution Center for handling checks and cash collected from route.
· Completes training assignments by management in a timely manner, including but not limited to Worklete and Pro-Tread.
· Performs job essential duties and responsibilities effectively while being monitored via DriveCam.
· Immediately reports any changes to driver license status or any citations issued by law enforcement authorities.
· Represents the Company therefore ensuring that the work uniform is worn properly, and maintains a neat and well groomed appearance.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Diver License
- Current DOT Medical Card
- Basic computer knowledge
“ Empire is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. We are committed to ensuring that all employment decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need; without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disabilities, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. “