Delivery Driver -Montgomery AL
Georgia Crown Distributing Co.
Come join our team at Georgia Crown Distributing Co. as a Local Delivery Driver in Montgomery Al. Georgia Crown is a full service alcoholic beverage distributor with wholesale operations doing business in Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee. We are looking for reliable and responsible Delivery Drivers who want to be home each night and who can ensure products are delivered safely, accurately, courteously, efficiently and on-time.
- Must be able to report to work on time and work until route completion, there is no definite quitting time and must be able to work overtime when needed (while complying with FMCSA hours of service regulations).
- Complete deliveries to pre-assigned customers on a daily basis. Routes are subject to change
- Conduct pre/post trip inspections and properly log any defects
- Apply proper safety techniques while climbing in/out of box truck and loading/unloading cases of product (with and/or without ramp) from the back of the delivery truck.
- Down stack load throughout the day utilizing load bar and secure vehicle at all times
- Drivers are expected to observe all federal and state traffic laws and drive with caution to avoid causing breakage and shifting merchandise.
- Verify accurate product is delivered to the appropriate recipient
- Verify accurate funds are received at the time of delivery (drivers will not accept cash)
- Must provide outstanding customer service and maintain professional business relationship with customers
- Will apply basic mathematical skills to calculate changes to invoices
- Communicate with dispatch and supervisors to provide delivery status information and if any issues arise
- Position will require heavy lifting, carrying cases of product alone and with aid of a hand truck
- Position will require sitting, standing, driving, walking, carrying, pushing/pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching.
- Drivers will be required to deliver in all weather conditions unless deemed unsafe by company management.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
•Must be at least 21 years of age.
•Must have and be able to maintain DOT Medical Certification.
•Must have and be able to maintain valid Alabama Driver’s License.
•Must have 1-year prior driving experience with a box truck or larger type vehicle.
•Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
•Must be able to work until route is completed. There is no definite quitting time.
•Must be able to report to work at 5:00AM and work overtime when needed.
•Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to operate a calculator.
•Must be able to pass background check (i.e. police backgrounds, reference checks…).
•Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record:
-Cannot have more than 2 moving violations in last 3 years.
-Cannot have DUI, reckless driving or hit-and-run in last 5 years.
•Drug Free Workplace•EOE
- Group Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays (7 per year)
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Non-smoking work environment
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Equal Opportunity Employer
*benefits subject to eligibility requirements.
(driver, regional, local, truck, truck driver, CDL, CDL-A, Class A, local, cdl driver, box truck driver, delivery)ID:uDnQdo