Colonial Materials, Inc.
Johnson City, TN
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
Cherokee Building Materials, Inc. Delivery Helpers are responsible for delivering building material to residential and commercial job sites. The crew works as a team to carry, load/unload heavy materials providing a world class customer service experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance of company, state and federal guidelines particularly as it relates to OSHA and DOT for the safety of all personnel
- Perform pre-trip inspections of equipment, paperwork and loaded product to ensure accuracy of order
- Safely unload product and deliver to assigned area as directed by the customer
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- Ability to read, write and communicate information accurately
- Stamina to lift at least 75 lbs. in order to carry materials, such as drywall materials joint compound
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to remain standing 90%
- Constantly, moving from unloading materials from commercial motor vehicle onto job site
- Constantly, positions self to unload and load materials from flatbed or boom Frequently moves materials weighing up to 100lbs while unloading and loading flatbed
- Must be able to communicate with management and coworkers and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in outside and environment while making deliveries
- Must be able to prioritize job sites and deadlines
- Must be able to manage stress depending on customer’s deadline
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive information and directions
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERID:uDnQdo