DeltaV Product Marketing Manager – DeltaV Live
If you are a Product Marketing professional in the process industry looking to grow your career, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in Austin, TX, you will be responsible for driving product innovation in one of our most important solution areas, DeltaV Live HMI (Human Machine Interface).
We are entering a new paradigm of automation system deployments as distinct computing domains like edge and cloud are ushering in flexible architectures to power enterprise operations. We are looking for a product marketing leader to develop the long-term vision, product strategy, and marketing plan to empower the industrial workforce with a world-class operations experience.
This role will lead the DeltaV Live product in collaboration with our development team guided by customer engagements, sales channel collaboration, and market trends. This involves collaborating with many groups across our organization to ensure alignment on the phasing of product launches, go-to-market strategy, and business model.
Our platform marketing team is passionate about our products with a focus on our customer and business needs. If you thrive in an environment that encourages a strong sense of accountability and presents team members with many opportunities for learning and career development, we encourage you to join us!
AS THE DELTAV LIVE PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Develop, manage, and prioritize overall roadmap including new products, feature enhancements, and ecosystem partnerships.
- Develop a holistic understanding of customer needs and use cases within target markets to drive segmentation strategy and development priorities.
- Provide guidance to teams across Process Systems & Solutions (PSS) on the long-term vision and strategic roadmap.
- Use market knowledge and insights to define and measure solution & usability requirements as well as the overall commercial plan.
- Lead, review and approve the business cases for the investments we make in your portfolio.
- Motivate high performing teams of engineers, research, design, and ecosystem partner teams to ensure product-market fit and achievement of business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the development teams to identify opportunities to optimize cloud deployment costs and the corresponding architecture tradeoffs.
- Serve as product evangelist and subject matter expert supporting business development activities including product demonstrations, customer presentations, development team collaboration, and conferences.
- Actively manage the commercial success of your products, including Orders, Sales, and Margin.
- Work with marketing communications to define a compelling value proposition and to create a communication strategy (e.g. product data sheets, presentations, brochures, videos) that reflects end-to-end customer journeys and generates demand.
- Keep the management team aware of the program status, raise issues as necessary to make sure the organization meets the goals for your product.
WHO YOU ARE:
You see the big picture, constantly are imagining future scenarios, and create strategies to sustain competitive advantage. You have an in-depth understanding of how businesses work and make money. You articulate a compelling, inspired, and relatable vision. You anticipate customer needs and provide services that are beyond customer expectations. You articulate messages in a way that is broadly understandable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master of Science in Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with product development processes
- Experience with product marketing processes
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and set directions, objectives, and metrics
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team without direct reporting relationships
- Excellent presentation, customer engagement, and written communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this position
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Experience building a commercial and product strategy and persuading others to follow it
- Experience with DeltaV and/or other process control systems
- Familiarity with industry digital transformation initiatives driving IT/OT convergence
- Experience developing business plans to justify new products or business opportunities
- Familiarity with Emerson’s Systems & Software organization