Demand Forecast Analyst
Simpson Strong-Tie Co., Inc.
Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees.
Our founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
Learn about our company culture directly from our team.
As a Demand Forecast Analyst, you will be responsible for the monthly forecast review process including both statistical and collaborative forecasting approaches. You will lead the development and recurring updates of finished good forecasts. The Demand Forecast Analyst will be leading the interaction and alignment on the cross-functional Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP) team that includes sales, supply chain planning, inventory management, manufacturing, and customer service. You will analyze forecast variance data to make business decisions on forecast adjustments and you will develop and analyze reports that aid in short- and long-term business decisions and operations planning.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Lead continuous improvement efforts to advance the demand planning and forecasting process. Develop, document, and execute monthly, quarterly and annual aggregated forecast variance analysis based on factors such as customer type and product families. Analyze and update future forecasts based on historical forecast variances. (40%)
Manage all data gathering and analytics in support of the SIOP Forecasting Process with our sales management team. Lead the monthly collaborative demand review as part of the SIOP process. (20%)
Manage all forecast adjustments based on business judgment, new product launch, and phase-out process. Collaborate with sales, marketing, and product management to understand product life cycles, demand patterns, and short/long-term forecasts. (20%)
Analyze and interpret customer-provided point-of-sale data. Synthesize analysis from a customer point of sales data systems and internal order management systems to ensure Simpson demand forecast reflects trends in the customer’s demand. (10%)
Develop, execute, and analyze standard and ad-hoc reports as required to support short- and long-term business and operations planning. (10%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- An undergraduate degree in mathematics, supply chain, or engineering is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 2 years of experience with forecasting methodologies, techniques, and approaches (i.e., moving averages, statistical trends and models, exponential smoothing, discrete probability, etc.)
- Required at least 2 years of experience in supply chain planning in the areas of SIOP, demand planning, and/or supply chain planning.
- Required Experience in SAP or other comparable ERP system.
- Required Experience using and interacting with MRP systems.
- Microsoft Excel experience is required.
- Analysis: Ability to analyze and collect data and make sound business judgments.
- Self-Management: Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment toward completing assignments in a timely manner. Manage multiple projects and complete priorities.
- Teamwork: Build and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Attention to Detail: Achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Problem-Solving: Identify options for solving a problem and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses.
- Speaking: Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Writing: Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner for the intended audience.
This job requires 10% domestic travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, exempt position is in Pleasanton, CA., or Remote
Relocation is not available for this position.
$73,900 - $96,100 / Year
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more. View benefit plan details here: https://benefits.strongtie.com/.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNowID:uDnQdo