Dental Assistant – WM Health
What you'll do...
Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the nation's largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better, healthier lives. We strive to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
You'll make an impact as you:
- Assist dental providers in delivering care to patients by performing chair-side procedures according to applicable scope-of-practice laws and regulations (restorative, crown and bridge, extractions, root canal therapy, and orthodontics), performing lab procedures (taking impressions, creating and trimming models, in-office milling, temporary crown fabrication, denture and partial denture polishing), and taking diagnostic patient x-rays.
- Prepare exam rooms by cleaning and preparing operatory per OSHA and CDC guidelines
- Update and maintain patient dental records
- Lead and participate in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools, and determining customer needs and business priorities
- Develop, communicate, and implement processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers
- Demonstrate, promote, and support compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
About Walmart Health
Walmart is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. To expand on this commitment, we launched Walmart Health to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local customers, regardless of insurance status.
The customer is at the heart of all we do. We are focused on the needs of the patient and customer. We are partnering with several on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, dental, optical and hearing services all in one facility.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Completion of accredited training program or national DANB Certified Dental Assistant [CDA]
6 months of experience as a Dental Assistant
Clinical functions as defined by state licensure, national certification, or Walmart Health.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Ability to perform basic computer functions, Current American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Current Expanded Function Certification, Knowledge of dental instruments and terminology