Depot Attendant – $1,000 Hiring Bonus!!
The Depot Attendant assists and oversees the usage of the Recycling/Transfer station facility, performs general labor duties at a transfer station and completes tasks such as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties.
Full-time including Saturdays (8am-12pm)
- Operates and maintains solid waste station machinery such as compactors.
- Ensures that the facility is maintained at all times by sweeping floors, cleaning and picking up in and around solid waste stations and/or facilities, mowing grass, moving snow, and scraping ice.
- Maintains simple records on the number of vehicles using the stations facilities, the number of containers loaded each day, and on the use and performance of station equipment.
- Maintains a safe working environment at all times for both employees and customers.
- Assists customers with unloading their trash.
- Inspects loads for unacceptable materials to ensure safety for customers and other employees.
- Pulls recyclable material to be brought to the MRF and properly taken care of.
- Loads trash into semi-trailers utilizing heavy equipment.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or GED, a valid drivers license and be legally eligible to work in the US. It is required to have a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment and 1-year of heavy equipment operation experience is preferred.
Excellent listening, communication and problem solving skills, a dedication to safety, proven work commitment and being a self-directed person are expected.
Positive, team-oriented individual who has a strong work ethic, is committed to safety, customer driven, open to personal and professional training and development, and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.