Deputy Ship Operations Manager (Radar, Naval Vessel) – Patrick AFB
Patrick AFB, FL
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT ON AWARD AND FUNDING
The V2X Company is a services solutions provider that operates as a federal government prime contractor. With over 7,000 employees in 200 locations worldwide, the Mississippi-based company offers vertically integrated solutions for defense and commercial customers.
The V2X Mobile Sensors program performs Operations and Maintenance (O&M) for a ship based mobile platform with complex multi-mission radar/communication systems which have an elaborate command & control computing structure, along with communication interfaces and support sub-systems. These systems and the program assigned employees, which include bargaining members (union), are tasked to primarily operate in the Pacific Command's (PACOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR). Our program ensures the COBRA KING (CK) radar and communication systems are Fully Mission Capable (FMC) 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, and capable of supporting mission operations on short-notice.
V2X is seeking a Deputy Ship Operations Manager I to perform Radar Engineering duties onboard a forward deployed platform designed specifically for radar data collection. This position is a remote assignment onboard the USNS Howard O. Lorenzen TAGM-25. Duties include mission/track planning; operation, maintenance, and repair of a dual S and X Band radar systems and ancillary equipment; performing radar data analysis tasks; providing support for software engineering; development of engineering documentation and system operation and maintenance procedures; and on occasion fill the role of the Ship Operations Manager (SOM). Other duties may include logistics support, quality assurance, and supporting maintenance of onboard ancillary systems. Position requires radar operation during tracking and testing. Additional collateral duties as assigned. This position reports to the Ship Operations Manager (SOM) onboard the ship.
While acting in the SOM position, the candidate will be required to lead, coordinate, and manage the activities of up to 30 Radar Engineering, Electronic Technician, Communication Operators, and Logistics personnel in the operations and maintenance (O&M) support of the systems managed by Vertex. They will serve as the Senior Company Representative to the government customer onboard the ship. They will implement corporate policy, develop local policy as required, and report to the Program Manager on the technical status of systems and personnel issues.
- At least six years of experience with radar or digital signal processing equipment
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of analog and digital circuitry including power supplies, fault detection circuitry, microwave components, and waveguide.
- Experience with Linux based operating systems such as IBM’s AIX OS
- Experience with monopulse and phased array radars.
- Experience in performing data analysis to determine what system, subsystem and components require action to improve radar performance.
- Understanding and experience working with Doppler antenna patterns, phase coherency, system sensitivity, matched filters, servos, high voltage transmitters, and traveling wave tubes.
- Ability to comprehend and edit electronic schematic drawings and documentation.
- Ability to organize and direct teams, implement company policy and develop local policy when required.
- Familiar with sub-contractor relationships and ability to monitor subcontractors.
- Supervise Exempt and Union represented employees with a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required including the preparation and presentation of technical reports.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance.
- Current U.S. Passport with minimum of 1 year prior to expiration and 3 blank page
- Must be able to pass mariner exam.
This position is located on a forward deployed vessel that spends a lot of time at sea. Candidates must not be hindered by motion sickness.
- Knowledge of embedded software design and PLC background.
- Familiarity in the proper use and care of various electronic test equipment including logic and spectrum analyzers.
- Network administrator knowledge and experience a plus.
- One year of Linux operating system experience.
- Familiarity with government operations security requirements.
Familiarity with US Navy operations security requirements.
- Military Quality Assurance training and experience.
- Good understanding of shipboard safety requirements.
- BA/BS in a related field
- Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science desired
- Eight years plus of related experience can substitute for education.