Design & Development Engineer
Sea Ray Boats, Inc.
Fort Wayne, IN
Are you ready for what’s next?
Come explore opportunities within Brunswick, a global marine leader committed to challenging conventions and innovating next-generation technologies that transform experiences on the water and beyond. Brunswick believes “Next Never Rests™,” and we offer a variety of exciting careers and growth opportunities within united teams defining the future of marine recreation.
Brunswick, Fort Wayne has another great opportunity for the right person with 5+ years’ experience in product design and development – primarily in electrical systems. Your opportunities include leading the related engineering efforts for Pontoons from components, systems, assemblies, & master model architecture. You’ll have responsibility from concept to production and will follow the Brunswick product development process and timeline. You’d be a great fit for the team if you have the right credentials in a similar role and are experienced using 3D modelling tools such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and/or other 3D modeling tools.
You will be responsible to…
- design and develop of DC harnesses for the marine market
- help provide solutions for efficient electrical systems architecture and wiring strategies
- participate in all phases of new product development, from start to finish
- coordinate efforts as necessary between all functions of the business
- opportunistically serve as subject-matter expert (SME) for electric systems in Brunswick
- participate in the ECN / ECR Process as needed
- establish, update, and manage Bills of Material
- contribute and lead problem solving activities – including co-development of FMEAs
- support system-level boat testing and validation of components
- track cost against an established target cost throughout the product development cycle
- adhere to best DFMA principles in your designs
- create partnerships with suppliers to enhance design solutions
- maintain a strong CI / VA / VE mindset to maximize consumer value
- identify and manage risk, engaging others when you need help
- manage projects successfully from start to finish
- travel less than 10% per year
- collaborate effectively with your team as well as cross-functionally
Areas where you’ve invested in yourself include…
- A bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or a Technical Degree with equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in electrical systems and related technologies in the marine, powersports, off-road or auto industries
- a basic understanding of electrical harness fabrication tools and processes
- general knowledge of GD&T
- strong skills in 2D / 3D electrical system / harnesses modeling
- above average written, verbal and presentations skills – engaging all levels of the organization
- proficiency in Microsoft office tools
Next is Now!
We value growth and development, recognizing that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.#Brunswick Corporation ID:uDnQdo