Design Engineer 1 – Intake
CCI Systems, Inc.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking an Intake Design Engineer who will gain the knowledge in equipment and specs related to the design, mapping, and engineering of proprietary coaxial and fiber optic telecommunications systems by way of thorough training and communication. The right candidate may come from a background in cable tv/telecommunications, will be an effective decision maker to determine the best course of action to be taken when building or modifying telecommunications jobs, will enjoy problem solving in a fast-paced environment, will be an exceptional multitasker and communicator, and will work very well in partnership with our Intake Project Leadership Teams. We offer a collaborative environment with a great work culture that encourages learning and pushes you to rise to the next level!
- Intake and align data through various sources systems, supplied by the client, and create maps for survey and walkout teams.
- Review coaxial and fiber optic telecommunications plant maps as required.
- Understand survey field notes to create new or update existing designs using various software platforms as required.
- Follow specific process flows to determine the most cost-efficient best plan of action for survey / modifying telecommunications plant.
- Determine job types and create the job with an understanding of client process requirements per each per each line of business /LOB.
- Verify serviceable address, and review cost estimates based on job type process requirements.
- Complete assigned work within a 24-hour SLA, while maintaining a high level of quality, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Work with project managers, project supervisors, and QC team to meet 24-hour SLA.
- Focus on productivity and accuracy of documentation and planning in a high production environment.
- Ensure adherence to client specifications.
- Communicate professionally with the client and fellow employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by project managers and/or project supervisors.
- 2- or 4-year degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering, or Business Administration/Management preferred.
- Preferably six months experience in Cable TV, Telecommunications, and/or Utility data management and/or mapping is strongly preferred.
- At least six months experience working with design software programs, such as ArcGIS (or similar GIS/ESRI software).
- Knowledge of databases, such as MS Access or Quickbase a plus.
- Must have Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications: Teams, Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Must be a good communicator, both verbal and written.
- Must be adaptable to changes in project specs, in addition to accepting increasing responsibility.
- Ambitious and driven candidates who have advanced to expert working knowledge of computers, who consider themselves fast learners, and may have experience in, or are able to grasp the concept of navigating and pulling data from multiple software programs at once.
Shift is full-time Wednesday-Friday from 8:00 am – 6:30 pm and Saturday shift is 7:00 am – 5:30 pm CST. Must be flexible and willing and able to work outside normal business hours as necessary.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.