Design Engineer 1
Under close supervision of more experienced engineer, reviews and understands customer requirements, specifications and manufacturing constraints in order to create comprehensive engineering product design detail, specifications, drawings and related engineering changes. Completes test requests, analyzes data and may perform product tests. Assists in composing reports and may deliver routine presentations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes computer-aided engineering tools in order to create, change and issue component, system and assembly drawings under the supervision of more experienced engineer. Understands and applies DENSO Design Standards (DDS) on a limited basis based on clear guidelines.
- Reviews customer’s requirements and specifications for product(s) and identifies issues and changes, where appropriate.
- Assists in establishing product design requirements and creating design concepts.
- Completes requests for testing and performs tests, as needed. Reviews test data and compares specifications and expected test results, including prior tests, to actual results. Summarizes testing data and may present to customers and/or engineering management.
- Assists with composing test and technical reports. Deliver routine or simple presentations.
- Assists with creating and executing DFMEA, DRBFM and DVP&R (test) plans.
- Assists in reviewing RFQ and specifications and may assist in preparing related materials, under close supervision of higher level engineer.
- May interface with customers under the direction of higher level Engineering Associates, suppliers, DENSO plants and headquarters on routine engineering issues to ensure manufacturability.
- Analyzes current processes, procedures and systems and makes recommendations for improvement for own job.
- Follows the DIAM Operating System (DOS/ESC) with respect to managing individual programs. Informs the Program Leaders and functional management of the progress being made toward each milestone within the program.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree required.
0-3 years of direct experience required.
Automotive-related engineering and/or thermal experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Basic drawing knowledge to make drawings and detailed design knowledge to use simple design methodologies and apply design process and procedures.
- Analytical skills in order to gather and interpret information in situations where problems are of limited scope/difficulty. Tasks are generally performed in accordance with standard or established techniques/protocols but require alertness to identify discrepancies or obtain advice when precedents are unclear.
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills to primarily gather or exchange information with internal and external customers on factual matters. Partners with limited number of customers/stakeholders relating to business outcomes
- Customer service skills to interact and partner with a limited number of external customers related to business outcomes.
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated competency in working with computer software and mainframe applications in order to manipulate, analyze, and reconcile data. In-depth knowledge of internet and explorer applications in order to retrieve and post data and research information.
Annual Salary: $64,000-$80,000
- Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug plans
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with 4% company match
- Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development and Ongoing Training
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Cafeteria and food markets (vary by location)
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee recognition (employee and milestone events)