Design Engineer II
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
The candidate demonstrates a sufficiently high degree / independent proficiency in most of the relevant skills*, excels in some, may need training on certain aspects: This design engineer is accountable for determining and meeting project performance specifications, budget, and schedule by studying product design, customer requirements, performance standards and completing technical studies.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing proposals, plans, conferring with constituents.
- Intake User Requirements (USR) & translate into Equipment Specification (EQS) documentation (baseline for design and acceptance).
- Project Planning - defines the design order of operations from EQS through factory acceptance/validation, determine temporal and budgetary requirements.
- Perform CAD functions for machines, tools & fixtures.
- Design semi-automatic and fully automatic machines - mechanical, electrical, plumbing, data, software, interface with 3rd party and/or production software systems
- Apply appropriate tolerancing to machined parts
- Enter Purchase Requests (PR) for machine components or services as needed.
- Work with machine shop personnel to determine project responsibilities by identifying personnel capabilities, internal/external design or manufacturing needs, project phases and elements.
- Contribute to, prepare, and control project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems, recommending actions, communicating changes in schedule and financial expectations relative to the Capex plan.
- Analyze challenges, identify resolution options.
- Ensure design performance to specifications (EQS) by performing a factory acceptance test (FAT) or Site Acceptance Test (SAT) as appropriate.
- Support internal customer until tooling, fixture or machine performance is satisfactory to the responsible operations manager. May be called upon to support Installed equipment operation or upgrade.
- Obtain process data from the internal customers to assess the design success and/or opportunities for improvement
- Verify performance to requirements.
- May be required to travel to other domestic Nordson sites as necessary to obtain requirements, perform start-up, and provide occasional support functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, Automation Controls, Machining, Safety Standards.Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service. ID:uDnQdo