Design Engineer Intern (Summer 2024)
Who We Are
Vermeer equips customers doing important work around the world. We are global, driven by innovation and growing. The equipment we make manages natural resources, connects people and feeds and fuels communities. We live out a caring culture, we demonstrate agility, we keep a focus on customers and are stewards of our resources. These beliefs drive our culture, determine how we treat others and steer our business.
Job SummaryThe Design Engineer Intern helps design, document, build and test new solutions for assigned industry using design tools. This role supports design in production, sales, service, troubleshooting and updating. This position also helps analyze and provide realistic recommendations on structural components to ensure that design meets the design goals and customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Help design and detail purchased items, machining, weld and assembly prints using SolidWorks software for manufacturability, cost effectiveness and safety.
3. Assist Engineering Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototypes.
4. Analyze production issues and assist with solutions.
5. Calculate unknown loading and directions where required from data and assumptions.
6. Develop bill of materials (BOM).
7. Test design changes made by technicians.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma required.
- Current student pursing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Agriculture or Electrical Engineering.
- Previous internship is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to identify the root cause of defective parts of product design solutions, including manufactured and purchased component sizing.
- Knowledge in the FEA, hydraulics, electronics, statistics and strength of materials, durability and serviceability of products.
- Ability to understand material strengths, fatigue strength, and manufacturability to ensure that the right configuration and materials are developed.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
Work LocationONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Vermeer Corporation, we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions at (641) 621-8767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? We’d love to get to know you.ID:uDnQdo