Design Engineering Co-op (Spring/Summer 2024)
Sea Ray Boats, Inc.
Menomonee Falls, WI
Are you ready for what’s next?
Come explore opportunities within Brunswick, a global marine leader committed to challenging conventions and innovating next-generation technologies that transform experiences on the water and beyond. Brunswick believes “Next Never Rests™,” and we offer a variety of exciting careers and growth opportunities within united teams defining the future of marine recreation.
Navico Group is a division of Brunswick, which designs and manufactures a broad product portfolio of electrical components and power management systems for the Marine, Recreational Vehicle, Emergency Vehicle, Specialty Vehicle, and Industrial markets. Navico Connect out of Menomonee Falls, WI is the integration wing of the business. We are an OEM that integrates our own parts and software with custom wiring and custom solutions. Our kits are sold to other Manufactures as an “out of the box ready” solution.
Summary of Position:
This position reports to the Design Engineering Manager. Main responsibility will be to create and maintain documentation that enables the efficient and accurate manufacture of mobile (12V) electro-mechanical control systems. Documentation will include CAD drawings of mechanical components and assemblies, schematic drawings of circuits and components, and end user documentation. The candidate will require skills in CAD, organized thinking, record keeping, and basic electrical knowledge. Mechanical and Electrical engineers are encouraged to apply. The Duration of the Co-Op will be a for a spring semester, trimester, or two quarters in addition to a full summer.
All selected candidates receive assistance in locating temporary housing and receive a discount on company owned items.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conceive and refine CAD documentation for electro-mechanical systems
· Design assemblies of control components to fit in defined spaces
· Ability to learn relevant regulations and codes for the markets we serve
· Communicate design intent to manufacturing teams internal and external
· Execute Engineering prototype builds
· Working towards Bachelor of Applied Science (BSME, BSEE) or equivalent.
· Able to work independently and within groups.
· Able to synthesize a solution when design inputs are vague or incomplete.
· Comfortable in multi-tasking situations.
· Selfless, can-do attitude. Willing to Learn.
· Experience with 3D CAD software packages (Creo & Creo Schematics utilized)
· Familiarity with marine and/or RV products in professional or recreational environment
· Familiarity with ABYC requirements
· Experience with new product introduction cycles
· Shop/Bench fabrication and/or assembly skills
Next is Now!
We value growth and development, recognizing that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.#Brunswick Corporation ID:uDnQdo