Design Leader – Electrical Distribution & E-house | REP APAC
Schneider Electric Buildings Americas, Inc.
Tamil Nadu, IN
Do you dream of working in a company that driven by meaningful purpose?
An inclusive company that empowers you to do best and be innovative?
We are looking for Design Leader - Electrical Distribution (ED) & E-House (EH) | Regional Engineering Platform (REP) APAC
As part of a project team:
- Acts as the leader of the technical content of the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackage(s), and functionally reports to Technical Senior Engineer responsible for the whole technical scope of customer projects.
- Makes sure customer technical requirements are fulfilled (in terms of performance, quality, costs and time), in compliance with the contract, and based on the Architecture & Technical specifications defined during the tendering phase.
- Design Leads working in the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackages(s)
- Follow all technical aspects of customer integrated projects, starts from Tendering -to- Execution, such as : design, implementation, testing, FAT.
Scope and Environment :
-Part of a customer project execution/application center;
-Project technical teams located spread among one or several sites/countries, requiring international collaboration with other functional teams/stakeholders.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
Design & Implementation: according to her/his field of knowledge,
-Perform, review, lead & approve technical design & specification activities on the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackage(s), by leveraging Schneider Electric portfolio of products & systems in an optimized manner, in line with customer and contractual requirements (technical performance), to maximize profitability and limit technical risks
-Perform basic design calculations & engineering, and detailed engineering if required.
Coordination with the Project Stakeholders:
-Coordinate all technical implementation activities done at factories or supplier premises and testing facilities until project closure, related to the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackage(s);
-Actively contribute to FAT preparation, and participate to actual FATs with suppliers & customers when needed
-Clearly identify the inputs/outputs/interfaces of the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackage(s) from the rest of the project technical scope
-Make sure the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackage(s) is(are) delivered according to the project budget and timeline
-Provide regular progress reports and technical deliverables to Technical Senior Engineer or Project Manager
Risk & Opportunity management, Change management, Alert:
-Identify any potential changes versus contract or versus already-agreed design, regarding the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackage(s)
-Work closely with Technical Senior Engineer to specify the changes and their impact for Schneider Electric (including cost impact evaluation)
-Alert Project Manager and Technical Senior Engineer of any substantial issue that could affect the project performance or customer satisfaction, related to the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackage(s).
Quality process, Methods, Tools:
-Support Technical Engineer or Technical Senior Engineer to ensure full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes (especially CPP & TDP), and with quality instructions, safety requirements and governance principles;
-Correct - or lead Senior Technicians to correct - any technical deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution, related to the assigned customer project(s) and/or workpackage(s).
Community of practices & Coaching:
-Maintain technical theoretical and applied knowledge; identify, get, formalize, share and promote lessons learned and best practices related to the assigned workpackages
-Act as referent and/or coach Senior Technicians and junior Technical Engineers
-Stay tuned on the last technical evolutions of equipment & systems, including new launches (in her/his field of engineering, acting then as a referent in the Community).
-Participate actively in the capitalization and sharing of experience, contribute to engineering innovation and productivity
- Minimum- B.E. or equivalent in Electrical Power Engineering or Electrical, electronics & communication engineering. Masters level is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in relevant area
- Electrical / Power electrical engineering overview & background in MV/ LV Electrical Distribution networks
- Good knowledge of IEC standard in the field of LV & MV Switchgears, Power & Distribution Transformers, Power converters (UPS/VFD), UPS.
- Experience in MV/LV network control & protection design
- Desirable to have knowledge on Power System studies & its necessity
- Basic knowledge in digital solution using IEC 61850, Modbus, DNP, Ethernet Protocols on electrical distribution network.
- Elementary knowledge/experience in substation engineering: Layouts & sections, cable engineering (cable sizing & schedules, cable routing and supporting technologies, termination kits, control cable termination diagrams), Lighting design, Lightning protection, installation of Switchgears and Transformers, MV & LV busways, heat load estimation, auxiliary load estimation, AC & DC UPS systems, Battery Sizing, knowledge on integration with HVAC, F&G, BMS,VESDA, etc.,
- Technical experience in a specific market segment (O&G, Utilities, Datacenter, Transport) or in a customer application/process is a plus
- Flexibility & Reliability, Focus on technical details & Customer focus, Team player
- Ability to communicate (written, verbal) in clear manner on technical issues/topics.
- Ability to work and cooperate in international and inter-cultural environment
- Software tools literacy: MS Office, Acrobat, AutoCAD, ePlan
Other Requirements :
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- English language level min B2 / C1 (fluent communication)
- Other languages are a plus.ID:uDnQdo