Dimensional Innovations, Inc.
Overland Park, KS
DI exists to relieve the world of mediocre experiences and to create remarkable ones. Our people make the remarkable possible through an unwavering display of uncommon commitment each day.
Reporting directly to the assigned Executive Creative Director/Creative Director, the Designer is an entry level, onsite position with a background in architectural or industrial design. The position requires a portfolio showcasing demonstrated qualifications and skill set capable of concepting and creating high-impact design solutions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS may include but are not limited to:
- Supports and contributes to the project team’s executed design solution and deliverables for assigned projects
- Executes and delivers project-based solutions efficiently with quality, while incorporating and maintaining project leadership's direction and feedback
- Contributes to client presentations and communications as assigned
- Hand sketches, digitally renders, and illustrates solutions accordingly throughout a variety of Design Phases: Conceptual, Schematic, Design Development and Construction Documentation
- Understands and ensures project deadlines and milestones are being met and the work is within client requests and expectations
- Interfaces directly with internal departments to learn and understand potential solutions
- Exudes a “go where needed" attitude and outlook on role
- Participates in process improvement and best practices within the department
- Focuses on learning and absorbing new information and knowledge from DI subject matter experts (design team members and support staff, DI team members, clients, etc.)
- Supports the success of the Creative Studio team members
- Has strong proficiency in 3D and modeling software as well as digital or hand sketching abilities in order to optimally convey design concepts.
- Ability to learn new skills and software quickly
- Ability to take direction and constructive critique well
- Authentic desire to be team player
- Be coachable
- Demonstrate progress in quality and design solution technique
- Demonstrate development of personal time management and multi-tasking skills
- Maintain quality control of design documents
- Independent thinking/solutions and autonomy
- Possess a developing knowledge of material and fabrication methods relevant to design
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.F.A) in Graphic Design, Visual Communications with an emphasis in Industrial Design, Interior Architecture or related field strongly preferred
- A minimum of 1+ years experience in an Industrial Design or Architectural Design role is a plus
- Strong proficiency and proven experience in design programs within Creative Suite is required and should include: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, (experience and proficiency with rendering software a plus), (SketchUp, Revit, Enscape, Rhino Solidworks), research skills (for storytelling) & digital or hand sketching abilities in order to convey design concepts preferred.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Permission to play at DI starts with the ability to be a team player, possess a positive attitude while under a tight deadline and demonstrate an uncommon commitment to your work. Please visit our website (www.dimin.com) to see some of the amazing work we do!
This is a salary (exempt) position. DI offers a full benefit package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance along with Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and Supplemental Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity. Additionally, we offer a 401(k) with a match, Health Savings Account match, Paid Time Off (PTO), 8 paid holidays plus an employee chosen Floating Holiday annually, and paid Parental Leave. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. No phone calls please. A full list of available opportunities can be found at: www.dimin.com/jobs.
New in 2018, DI incorporated the Great Game of Business principles into the way we do things. The program is designed to create a business of business people, provide transparency into company performance and directly tie daily behavior to impact DIs performance. GGOB allows for the potential of quarterly bonuses as company goals are achieved.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and hold a valid drivers license. Dimensional Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DI depends on the diversity of ideas, skills and perspectives to solve the world's toughest creative challenges