Developer Systems Analyst
Johnstone Supply, North Americas leading wholesale distributor of HVACR equipment, parts, and supplies has a great opportunity for a Developer Systems Analyst to join our team. Over the last seven decades Johnstone has grown into the industry leader with over 450 distributor branches and 6 distribution centers throughout North America resulting in over $4 billion in annual sales. We work with some of the largest companies in the world, including Daikin/Goodman, Honeywell, Emerson, Johnson Controls, Google and Fujitsu, to provide contractors with world class products, technical expertise and quality service.
As a member of the Information Technology team, the Developer Systems Analyst is responsible for playing a lead role in the development, implementation and maintenance of on-going enterprise-wide programs with a primary focus on data/systems flow analysis to support the business in achieving strategic goals while achieving operational excellence.
Under limited supervision, the Developer Systems Analyst performs analysis and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency. The Developer Systems Analyst plays a lead role in project organization and execution, and participates in the design, vendor evaluation, development, implementation, and management of multiple projects.
System Requirements Definition:
- Lead medium to large projects to ensure applications meet user requirements by gathering information from users; developing technical requirements, architecture and design deliverables; and continuously working with users to negotiate technical solutions against business requirements. Effectively communicate and define technology considerations within the context of business requirements to a business audience.
- Conduct interviews and facilitate requirements gathering, process analysis and application design sessions with project stakeholders including internal IT partners and business partners.
- Develops ETL, database objects and applications to meet business requirements by analyzing business needs and coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs and systems in alignment with department standards and practices.
- Leads the creation and documentation of application roadmaps to support strategic growth, including inter-related and data dependent applications, and future business needs.
- Identify and establish tools, operating environments, design and development standards, and technical documentation as required.
User Administration and Support
- Provides ongoing client support for technical system questions and problems; serves as subject matter expert for designated systems; analyzes and researches more complex system problems, coordinating with vendors and other parties as necessary, and tracks them to resolution; develops, documents, and communicates alternative workarounds for system defects until system solutions can be implemented.
- Manages system users by creating, editing and assigning appropriate security levels.
- Provides level 3 application support services for one or more applications, including on-call support where required.
- Assists in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of application systems.
- Provides technical training, guidance and resource support for end users and department staff.
- Performs routine audits of systems and software to ensure highest level of performance and capabilities. Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
- Facilitate and contribute to test planning and QA processes.
- Leads the development of test plans and test design specs and test cases to match business requirements. Thoroughly test software to ensure proper operation.
- Leads ensure successful migration of application software infrastructure to the target environments.
- Performs as project lead to coordinate projects. This includes being the point-of-contact for the overall effort.
- Create and manage project deliverables for medium to large size projects; Log, track and verify resolution for all project tasks to ensure business and technical scope is controlled to meet quality, timeline and budget expectations.
- Partners with business and IT teams to determine estimates on resources and timing to meet business needs and communicates to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops sizing estimates for project requests and determines feasibility of implementing new systems or modifying existing systems including communication plans and training plans.
- Identify technical considerations in project planning, including risk mitigation, task identification, estimating, task dependencies and resource identification.
- Facilitates team-based retrospectives or lessons learned to identify and to implement future department improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; at least 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft development or comparable certifications are preferred, but not required for this role.
- Knowledge of MSSQL, MySQL, TSQL, SSIS, Visual Basic, MS SharePoint and data standards & normalization best practice techniques and tools.
- Ability to use software tools for data profiling, data cleansing, data analysis, and data modeling.
- Skill in technical writing for documentation and design purposes.
- Ability to coordinate users & technical staff across multiple departments/locations as well as coordination of 3rd party project responsibilities.
- IT project management skills: defining objectives, creating timelines, scheduling and planning project resources, documenting processes, monitoring and evaluating project status.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems. This includes being able to take the broadest view of an issue or challenge; thinks globally, can pose or anticipate future scenarios or issues (perspective).
- Ability to effectively cope with change; can move ahead without having all details needed for the total picture; isn’t upset when things are not clear; doesn’t have to finish things before moving forward (ambiguity).
- Ability to know what’s important; quickly determines the critical priorities and puts the trivial tasks aside (priority setting).
- Ability to lead discussions to find common ground and solve problems for the good of the effort, views them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can collaborate with others to reach consensus; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise or damaging relationships (conflict/peer management/influencing).
Johnstone Supply is strongly interested in hiring a great candidate that exhibits work behaviors & values that are conducive to building and maintaining a strong and effective company culture. These behaviors include:
- Safety: Always prioritizes safety, both at work and at home, while ensuring those who work for you work safely.
- Customer Focused: Take the perspective of those we serve, anticipate their needs, and responding quickly.
- One Team: We win together by collaborating with each other, focusing on the common goal, and leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Own It: Take the initiative, act with a sense of urgency and pride, do things right the first time, and always act with integrity.
- Innovate: Embrace and create change that drives continuous improvement and customer-valued solutions.
Johnstone offers a competitive wage and benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k) with company match, and PTO after 90 days. Our commitment to continuous improvement & investment in our people is only matched by our commitment to superior customer experience. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply now.
Visit our website https://www.johnstonesupply.com/our-history for more information about our growing company.
EOE & E-Verify Participating Employer.