Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job Description – Software Engineer - DevOps
Interested in applying your wealth of technical knowledge and experience towards an opportunity in the medical field and improving the lives of people with diabetes?
The candidate will be responsible for performing DevOps activities across multiple Cloud Service Providers in eleven global regions. Candidate will establish configuration management, automate infrastructure, implement continuous integration, and apply DevOps best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system. Candidate will support building scalable, highly available, efficient, and secure cloud infrastructure for a medical device SaaS. Candidate will work closely with Business, Software Engineers and Security Engineers to collaborate on a best-in-class healthcare platform for improving the lives of the hundreds of millions living with Diabetes.
Job Locations: Alameda, CA, Bend, OR; Orlando, FL
- Apply your engineering expertise to produce meaningful and measurable differences in people’s lives on a global scale. Our software is provided free to patients and healthcare professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. https://www.freestyleprovider.abbott/us-en/outcomes.html
- Thrive in a challenging engineering environment. Our Cloud Healthcare Platform consumes hundreds of millions of uploads per day and processes over one billion messages daily. Scalability, efficiency and reliability are critical.
- Pioneer with a modern tech stack constantly evolving to meet performance and scalability requirements. Engage in architectural research, design reviews, and PR reviews across multiple teams.
- Accelerate your technical skills and growth. Perform continuous cross-team communication and engage directly with other leaders within our partnerships with major CSPs.
- Provide engineering expertise to plan, analyze, design, test, and deploy secure, scalable, and highly available cloud infrastructure expressed as code.
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for Cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance collaboratively with Software Engineering
- Work collaboratively with InfoSec to ensure that infrastructure is safe and secure against cybersecurity threats including adherence to Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks.
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems. Optimize existing development and release processes through automation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant technical fields.
- At least 2-4 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3) and creating highly automated environments with Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with container orchestration services (Kubernetes experience preferred)
- Strong foundation of networking and Linux administration and experience with a variety of open-source technologies
- Previous exposure to medical devices, biomedical or high technology industry.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
The salary for this role is between:N/A
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
DIVISION:ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION:United States > Orlando : University Park Building
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:United States of America : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 15 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf ID:uDnQdo