DGR Production Aide – Quality Sorter/Pricer
Goodwill Industries Vocational Enterprises, Inc.
Why work for Goodwill?
Are you looking for work-life balance, a strong sense of purpose, and the opportunity to work for an organization that makes a difference in your community? Then this position may be perfect for you! As an employee with Goodwill Industries Vocational Enterprises your work will directly impact your local community. Each year we serve hundreds of people with disabilities or other barriers to employment through our job training programs in Northern MN & WI, and we also keep thousands of pounds of items out of landfills. Join our team!
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive pay & benefits
- No late evening or overnight shifts
- 20% employee discount & special shopping events
- Strong team members with a positive attitude
- Work for a GOOD cause!
The Donated Goods Production Aide / Quality Sorter - Pricer works within the Donated Goods Department and is responsible for the sorting, pricing, categorizing and quality control of donated goods as assigned. This position is responsible for meeting or exceeding production demands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sort goods into appropriate categories.
- Price goods according to the price guide.
- Quality control of goods within assigned area.
- Meet or exceed production demands.
- Maintain housekeeping within assigned area.
- Recordkeeping as required.
- Attend meetings as assigned by Department Manager.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Able to make quality decisions as per the criteria established within the training period.
- Able to physically bring clothing carts to designated area.
- Must be able to push a 300 pound cart on wheels.
- Must be able to operate a pallet jack.
- Possess the ability to relate with people with disabilities in a work setting.
Education and Experience
- No minimum education or experience required
These work environment factors are general in nature: CONSTANT: Stand, walk, and near vision. FREQUENT: Bend neck; lifting, twisting, pushing and pulling motions; talk/speak; and visual accommodation. Lift and carry up to 10 pounds. OCCASIONAL: Medium work, lift and carry up to 20 pounds; rotate neck, static neck position; walk; hear within 5 feet and midrange vision.
All positions are subject to a background check.