Diesel Fleet Mechanic
Performance Food Group
Coal Township, PA
Pay : $23 p/hr and up based on experience
Schedule/Hours : Mon- Thurs; Multiple Shifts available ( Day & Evening shifts)
Sign-On Bonus of $3,000!!!
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America’s food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, replace, adjust and modify company vehicles, vans, pick-up trucks, tractors, trailers and various types of refrigeration, air conditioning and temperature control equipment, including structural metal repair and painting of tractors and trailers, as well as performing road service and preventative maintenance duties following standard accepted methods, practices and procedures in emergency and non-emergency situations and ensuring all safety and quality standards are met. May provide guidance to Mechanic, Fleet Helper. Communicates and interacts with co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Review work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations. Work from preventative maintenance schedules, various checklists, manuals, diagrams, specifications, vehicle file and instructions.
- Perform regular scheduled tractor inspections, complete checklists, troubleshoot and make routine repairs as required. Perform major repair work to tractors and trailers, disassemble, remove, repair or replace defective parts or components of gas or diesel engines, transmissions, steering mechanisms, ignition, electrical and hydraulic systems, air conditioning, refrigeration controls and units, clutches, brakes and mechanical or electrical operating units.
- Service and repair refrigeration units, repair engines, repair leaks, replace tubing, condensers, thermal controls, and recharge units with approved refrigerant gas.
- Perform brake jobs, change tires, recharge batteries, rotate tires, perform complete engine, front end and transmission diagnostics and / or overhauls as necessary. Prepare undercarriage for repaint; clean, chip and wire brush, remove wheels and spray paint prime and finish coats, clean, mask and paint wheel rims as required.
- Repair damage inside and outside of trailers, make sheet aluminum patches, drill and pop rivet in place, repair door frames, attach gaskets, repair, replace or install grab bars, reflectors, decals, other graphics, rebuild 5th wheels, clean and replace worn parts.
- Operate electric arc welding equipment to repair ramps, ladders and tripods, repair or construct new cargo bars.
- Make road service trips, maintain required logs, records, checklists and reports, maintain garage tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform other similar or related operations as assigned or directed. At end of shift, secure all equipment, perform general housekeeping duties and complete all required paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EEO StatementPerformance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Required QualificationsHigh School Diploma or Equivalent
1-2 years Interpret data requiring advanced skills knowledge equivalent to 1-3 years training in truck/automotive maintenance; wide variety of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of meters and diagnostic equipment.
Preferred QualificationsAssociates/2-year technical: Vocational / Trade School Diploma preferred.
2-4 years Interpret data requiring advanced skills knowledge equivalent to 2-4 years training in truck/automotive maintenance; wide variety of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of meters and diagnostic equipment.
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.