Diesel Mechanic Technician – $5,000 Hiring Bonus!
The Diesel Mechanic Technician maintains diesel equipment, completes inspections and preventive maintenance requirements, corrects vehicle deficiencies, completes adjustments and alignments, and maintains records to ensure we are able to keep our level of commitment to safety and customer service.
Technicians at Casella participate in a Career Pathways Program that offers exceptional Advancement Opportunity and Regular Merit Increases.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with company safety policies and regulations.
- Performs maintenance tasks based on driver pre and post trip inspections in a timely manner or as directed by maintenance manager.
- Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements and makes appropriate corrections when needed.
- Works in adverse conditions at times including heat, cold, wind, rain and snow to repair equipment and vehicles.
- Builds and assembles machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
- Troubleshoots reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Maintains all relevant records for all work and procedures and reports on issues.
- Performs accurate lockout/tagout procedures.
- Runs diagnostic tests on vehicles and analyzes the results to problem solve; test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions when necessary.
- Perform any and all necessary procedures to ensure maximum reliability and the safety of the equipment operator including, performing preventative maintenance inspections, tire changes, changes of breaks and any other utilities that are part of the vehicle; builds, rebuilds, and replaces hydraulic components and hoses of any vehicle or stationary equipment.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Career Path Definitions & Distinctions
Technician Apprentice: Demonstrates the ability to work alongside a knowledgeable Casella Waste Diesel Technician to learn and further develop skills. The Apprentice provides maintenance, repairs vehicles and equipment, and mainly focuses on preventative maintenance and maintaining the safety of all vehicles and equipment.
Technician B: Demonstrates the ability to identify operating issues including examining, test driving and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems using standard testing procedures and computer diagnostic equipment. Technician also demonstrates the ability to correct any operating issues that are found.
Technician A: Demonstrates the ability to inspect, troubleshoot, and repair vehicle brakes, suspension, steering, tires, rims, hubs, PTO, hydraulics, engine, cooling, starting, ignition, charging, lighting systems, fuel and air intake systems, heating, ventilation, and cooling systems to ensure vehicles are in safe and dependable operating condition.
Master Technician: Demonstrates the ability to inspect, troubleshoot, and repair all vehicle and equipment systems. Can rebuild and replace engines, engine components, transmissions, drive line and rear-ends, mechanical systems, electrical systems, and hydraulic components.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED, must be at least 18 years of age, hold a valid Class A, B, or C Driver’s license and must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The candidate must have a minimum of 1-year experience inspecting, troubleshooting, and repairing trucks and stationary equipment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, effective listening and problem-solving skills, and dedication to providing excellent customer service is desired. It is also important that the candidate has demonstrated the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
This position requires successful completion of pre-employment testing, including a drug screen.
Positive, team-oriented individual who is disciplined, dependable, determined, focused on delivering excellent customer service, and is open to personal and professional training and development.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Discounted Stock Program, 401K, Boot & Clothing Allowance, Safety Awards, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Incentive, Tuition Assistance, Career Pathways, Tool Allowance, and More.