Diesel Truck Shop Technician
Stewart & Stevenson
Piscataway Twp, NJ
Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical repairs in a shop environment on customer's equipment including trucks, buses, engines, engine components, and subassemblies.
• Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose standard problems with customer's equipment.
• Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
• Perform standard repairs on customer's equipment. Replace parts and equipment as necessary.
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
• Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
• Provide assistance to more senior level Shop Technicians on larger jobs.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or two to four years related experience
• The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Technical certification in automotive and/or diesel engine repair required.
Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required.